Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-25-2024, 08:37 AM   #1

1995 12v 5.9 with A545 bluebird front engine

so i tried to reply to my other thred but the replys keep getting deleted so ill make a new one.

so i did the KDP fix mine was walking out.

i did the 3k gov springs and it also helped the bus idle better. (it was stock and i had to cut the wire)

added a EGT,trans temp,fuel pressure, and boost guages. (bought the glow shift ones)

things i need to do/ have not figuered out how to do yet are below. any guides out there

retorque head bolts.
i see this as a 50/50 to do or not alot of forums out there when i google this say they ruined the head gasket when doing this.

Advance p-pump timing to 16
(not sure how to do this)

Pinch off boost reference line
bought the clamps not sure what line

Remove fuel plate: worried about doing this and causing it to stick or break.

Vincef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2024, 09:25 AM   #2
Bus Geek

Year: 1984
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: International 1753
Engine: 6.9 International
Rated Cap: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincef View Post
so i tried to reply to my other thred but the replys keep getting deleted so ill make a new one.

so i did the KDP fix mine was walking out.

i did the 3k gov springs and it also helped the bus idle better. (it was stock and i had to cut the wire)

added a EGT,trans temp,fuel pressure, and boost guages. (bought the glow shift ones)

things i need to do/ have not figuered out how to do yet are below. any guides out there

retorque head bolts.
i see this as a 50/50 to do or not alot of forums out there when i google this say they ruined the head gasket when doing this.

Advance p-pump timing to 16
(not sure how to do this)

Pinch off boost reference line
bought the clamps not sure what line

Remove fuel plate: worried about doing this and causing it to stick or break.
They're getting deleted because you have 3 posts and are trying to post a hyperlink. Spam filters are catching it and redirecting your posts to moderators for approval. Seeing as how we don't have 24/7 moderators, you'll have to wait a bit before it's approved.

Once you have a dozen or so posts, your stuff will no longer need approval.
Old 04-25-2024, 09:33 AM   #3
Bus Geek

Year: 1984
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: International 1753
Engine: 6.9 International
Rated Cap: 65
As far as what you're wanting/waiting to do.

1) retorque head bolts. I've never done it, only installed arp studs. I've never had issues with original head gasket. But I've only ever done it by removing a bolt and then reinstalling/torqueing a stud one at a time.

2)Advance p-pump timing to 16. Youtube it https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...+timing+adjust

3) Pinch off boost reference line. Boost reference line runs from intake manifold to afc on the injection pump. I like to have mine functioning and adjusted correctly, not really sure what the advantage of pinching this off is.

4) Remove fuel plate. Again, I like to leave it, and adjust it accordingly, as it serves a purpose in my eyes.