Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-11-2021, 11:14 AM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

5.9 Tc2000 check engine light

Hey y’all, I have a 1993 bluebird tc2000 with a Cummins 5.9 in it.. The vehicle maintenance light came on recently and I have not been able to find any information on how to pull any codes out of it.. I’ve looked all over for an obd1 port to connect to with no success.. Not sure if there’s a thread that covers this already but any information or a point in the right direction would be greatly appreciated!!
Thanks!!

hellicious_POP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2021, 12:49 PM   #2
Bus Nut

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: T/C 2000 28 foot Handy Bus
Engine: Cummins 5.9 Mechanical
Rated Cap: 2
I am pretty sure that is a mechanical 6bt Cummins with a p pump. No obd port no computer Is it possibly the low coolant light. The sensor is located in the front top of the radiator. Or is their an actual low coolant light making my guess a moot point.
Rivetboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2021, 01:12 PM   #3
Mini-Skoolie

Okay cool, I had a feeling that was the case for the mechanical 12v. It could be something with the coolant sensor, there is no coolant light though.. I’ll start by cleaning and possibly replacing that sensor as well as clean up the connections on my ground connections from the block to the chassis
Thanks!
Old 02-11-2021, 01:14 PM   #4
Mini-Skoolie

Somethings up with my electrical, all the gauges go in and out of working when I hit bumps or is raining
Old 02-11-2021, 04:22 PM   #5
Bus Crazy

Year: 1999
Coachwork: BlueBird
Chassis: TC1000 HandyBus
Engine: 5.9L 24V-L6 Cummins ISB
Rated Cap: 26 foot
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellicious_POP View Post
Somethings up with my electrical, all the gauges go in and out of working when I hit bumps or is raining
Check for a bad ground for the dash unit. It may mean taking it apart. Be gentle. Take pictures to identify wiring, and maybe even label wires with tape.
Mountain Gnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2021, 11:16 PM   #6
Mini-Skoolie

Could be the gauges themselves, they all act independently.. when it’s raining I can tap on the tachometer and it will start working for a moment but other gauges seem more random.. it’s going to take some sorting out