Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-21-2024, 10:34 PM   #1
Bus Nut

Year: 2003
Coachwork: BlueBird
Chassis: TC2000 28ft
Engine: Cummins ISB 5.9 24v, MD3060
Rated Cap: 14
Flare Fitting Identification Help

I recently found that all my factory fuel lines were leaking fuel onto my air tanks and air bags. So this weekend i started running new lines.

I had 1/2 rubber hose and 3/8 rubber hose so i ordered two ptfe hose kits with AN fittings. Most of my fittings will all change because im also installing a fass lift pump. Already pulled the carter pump out and plumbed in the FASS. The tricky part here is the Fuel Return Fitting coming out of the fuel rail and injection pump going back to the tank is bigger than a AN6 and smaller than AN8. The cummins part number for the fitting coming out is 3942601. I have the same fitting on top of the tank going into the elbow. I cant get very close to either of the fittings to inspect for photos because they are hidden (im just happy to have been able to get them off).

Below is a photo from cummins insight which seems accurate as to what i could see. I know visually JIC and AN are the same. This might be some SAE or Metric version which i cannot tell.

Once i find out what i'm working with, i will want to adapt it to AN6 or directly to 5/16 PTFE hose. Curious if anyone knows what cummins would've used for common fuel hose threads.

fo4imtippin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2024, 03:16 PM   #2
Bus Nut

Went to Pirtek to match them up and find an adapter. SAE6 (or SAE3/8 flare with 45degree angle). Im having trouble finding an adapter. I did have Pirtek quote me on PTFE. It was $450 for 30ft of hose with 2 ends having SAE6 ends crimped on. I went ahead and bought 2 SAE-6 push on fittings. Shopping for some CPE hose now. I guess i will have 30ft of AN6 PTFE hose to use for the generator supply line in the future. Rubber lasted 20 years, i suppose that will be good enough again.
Old 04-23-2024, 09:20 AM   #3
Bus Geek

Year: 1984
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: International 1753
Engine: 6.9 International
Rated Cap: 65
I think I have one of those laying around somewhere. I'll see if I can find it.
Old 04-23-2024, 09:52 AM   #4
Bus Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booyah45828 View Post
I think I have one of those laying around somewhere. I'll see if I can find it.

I ended up with some SAE6 push connectors and bought some 3/8 CPE hose. Basically rubber hose with an external stainless braid to protect the jacket. Hopefully i can get it all back together tomorrow night.