Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-09-2017, 05:59 PM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1992
Coachwork: AllAmerican BluedBird
Engine: 8.3 Cummins
Rated Cap: 84
Low Air Pressure

Hi, I was riding on the highway and it seemed to not be getting air into my Air brake lines.
I had to be very caution when driving on the road. The low air symbol never turned off unless I was going at least 65mph. But when I pressed a little on the brakes it would turn right back on. Pretty Scary.**Especially on the hills. Crawling up at 45 mph. Flat lands it can go 75mph, with no problem. Anyways I made it to Kentucky. But before I head out to Chicago, I'll like to get this problem handle. Any info will be helpful.

Talk soon fellow Skoolies.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0255.jpg   IMG_0257.jpg   IMG_0259.jpg  

Dangerandplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 06:12 PM   #2
Bus Geek

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: DTA360 / MT643
Rated Cap: 7 Row Handicap
looks like an air line going to your air suspension.. those come off of a protector valve.. then to the main air valve for the suspension and then one line to each air bag spring..

the protector valve is why your spring brakes didnt apply and stop you DEAD in your tracks...

typically those lines are a ferrel-fitting type.. 1/8" or 1/4" for air suspension usually.. if you can find where that goes.. most likely there is a nut and either a stubbed off piece of nylone line or just the nut.. you can buy a new sleeve and nut at home depot if it broke off right at the fitting (where they usually do...).. you make sure the line is cut clean, slip the nut over the line, then slip the sleeve on.. push the line into the fitting and tighten the nut..

-Christopher
cadillackid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 09:00 PM   #3
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1992
Coachwork: AllAmerican BluedBird
Engine: 8.3 Cummins
Rated Cap: 84
Okay, thanks for the help. Any chance of telling me where the protector valve is located?
Old 07-09-2017, 09:47 PM   #4
Bus Geek

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: DTA360 / MT643
Rated Cap: 7 Row Handicap
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerandplay View Post
Okay, thanks for the help. Any chance of telling me where the protector valve is located?
the protector valve is usually hanging off the side of one of the tanks.. if your bus has multiple tanks, its usually the 3rd tank.. if its got one tank its usually off the back of the tank.. ifyou start the bus yopu should hear hissing from where the leak is.
-Christopher
cadillackid is offline   Reply With Quote