Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-04-2021, 08:23 PM   #21
Traveling

Mine seems to want to run for who knows how long after shut down.

It was still running when the DMV lady came out to check the VIN the other day, had to have been at least 45 minutes. Has only started doing this recently.

WiredForStereo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2021, 10:39 PM   #22
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 2004
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: CS RE
Engine: 300HP ISC 8.3L w/ B3/400R Trans
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bus'n it View Post
I bought my parts at the local school bus dealer parts department. Wasn't too much money. Under $100 for all that stuff I think? I ended up buying 5 gallon jugs of full synthetic motor oil. Went through 4 I think? I had to flush out everything and did it over a couple of days to let the oil flow through the disconnected return line. While I was at it, I had some dry cracked 3/8" hydraulic lines for the cooling fan which I replaced. I also had one chafed large fatty hose going to the oil cooler which was about $300. Could have gone to a local hydraulic hose shop but it was easy for me to just go to the bus parts place. They know me by name now! Here's my engine when I worked on it....It is covered in Arizona dust but a quick wash makes it look brand new. I am OCD to an extent...
That's a beautiful result of OCD. Looks better than new! Wish mine looked even 20% that good, lol.

I've been trying to track down a part # for a complex tube that's corroded at the two silicone elbows and am hoping you may have a legible part number on yours. I marked it on your photo. It comes off the outlet nipple on the top left of the engine via a silicone elbow. Then there's the long tube I need to replace, which has 2 hydraulic connections on the rear/side and a small overflow outlet nipple on top that runs back to the tank. That pipe turns down 90* and then hits another silicone elbow that connects to the radiator.

I'm not sure if you painted over it, but desperate here as I haven't found it anywhere online and it's rough trying to work with local CAT dealer (that handles Blue Bird parts) to identify parts. Would be nice if Blue Bird gave us all access to the parts catalog instead of keeping it restricted.

I'm flushing my entire coolant system to move over to Compleat, swapping to a synthetic filter, replacing the thermostat and another weak hose connection point, and with the corrosion on this tube I'm asking about, it definitely needs to be replaced before I set it up for "never changing again" (hopefully). Any assistance you can provide is greatly appreciated!
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_5339-.jpg  
PerfectInsanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2021, 09:04 PM   #23
Bus Nut

Year: 1993
Coachwork: 44' Newell Coach
Engine: 8v92T Detroit
Rated Cap: 2 adults and two pigeons
I had those parts sandblasted and powder coated. I do not recall seeing any numbers stamped on the pipes. That said, I would go take a look but my bus is getting new wheels and tires. Wont be ready for at least a week. (Having them look at other stuff too)
Old 09-06-2021, 08:11 PM   #24
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 2004
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: CS RE
Engine: 300HP ISC 8.3L w/ B3/400R Trans
OK, thanks for responding. I may have to try pulling the elbows off this one and see if I can salvage it, hoping there's enough left where the silicone is clamped. As it is, it has that awesome coolant corrosion cement effect going on and I was hesitant to break it until I had a replacement.

Hope the wheels/tires, and rest of your mods, come out as you hope!
PerfectInsanity is offline   Reply With Quote