Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-29-2020, 09:33 AM   #21
Bus Crazy

Year: 2002
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freightliner FS-65
Engine: 7.2L Cat 3126 turbo diesel
Rated Cap: 71 passenger 30,000 gvwr
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliot Naess View Post
SNIP...
For example, if the costume is an animal.... Well, tigers do not wear pants! Then, neither would the human in a tiger costume. And the costume might consist entirely of paint. (We do body painting in my camp, among other fun.) All perfectly agreeable at Burning Man.
I had not considered but guessing you might know: Does body paint double as an effective sun block?

The Murder Bus
banman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2020, 05:22 PM   #22
Bus Geek

Year: 1992
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: TC-2000 Frt Eng, Tranny:MT643
Engine: 5,9 Cummins
Rated Cap: 84
I doubt the paint we mostly use has been tested as sun screen. But we use artist's acrylic (latex) paint from a hobby- and art- supplier (Michael's Arts & Crafts stores, mostly), which I imagine is not terribly different from house paint! LOL

We also use small amounts of professional theatrical body-makeup, which is expensive. Conceivably, data might exist for that stuff.

But rather obviously... what matters most by far is how thickly and widely it is slathered on.

OOOOO.... EDIT TO ADD:
What matters MOST is to have a good protective tan to start with. Every year, I build an all-over tan very gradually starting in March or so. That protects me quite well wherever I go all summer, and I apply sun screen lotion only to my forearms and sometimes shoulders, and the bald spot on my head.

Snapshot from my back yard in April:

Elliot Naess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2020, 08:37 PM   #23
Bus Crazy

Year: 1997
Coachwork: Bluebird
Engine: DT466E
Rated Cap: 34
Quote:
Probably one of the models who lifts it to that extraordinarily gorgeous level.
You're probably right.

And I've always admired your level of humility.

The Busted Flush
plfking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2020, 09:51 PM   #24

I can testify that a Wisconsin girl will burn in the Florida sun even in body paint. Not sure about the latex.
Rollin Gnome-Mad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 12:32 AM   #25
Bus Geek

Wisconsin? Uff da.
I grew up in Norway. No. The country.
But very gradually building a "base tan" does work for me.

Old 07-02-2020, 01:59 PM   #26

Calling it a sucess

Quote:
"My local" resort is Laguna del Sol in Wilton, Northern California.
I go there a couple times a year for complete and absolute relaxation.
I have contacted 3 different parks in 3 different states. All will accept my skoolie! Perhaps one day we will make it out to Laguna del Sol.

Thanks again everyone.
Rollin Gnome-Mad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2020, 02:19 PM   #27
Bus Crazy

Year: 2007
Chassis: Freightliner
Engine: C7 Cat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollin Gnome-Mad View Post
My husband and I are becoming members and I was just wondering if anyone else here is?
Here's one of our favorite nudie spots! And great for self isolatingClick image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	487.4 KB
ID:	46292
Oscar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2020, 02:48 PM   #28
Bus Crazy

Year: 2002
Chassis: Freightliner FS-65
Engine: 7.2L Cat 3126 turbo diesel
Rated Cap: 71 passenger 30,000 gvwr
Quote:
I can testify that a Wisconsin girl will burn in the Florida sun even in body paint. Not sure about the latex.
......Thanx!

The Murder Bus
banman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2020, 03:35 PM   #29
Bus Geek

Quote:
I have contacted 3 different parks in 3 different states. All will accept my skoolie! Perhaps one day we will make it out to Laguna del Sol.
Wonderful!
Do you simply tell them you have a converted school bus, or do you send them a photo of it?

Laguna del Sol is a mighty nice place. That is the restaurant overlooking the volleyball pool:

Old 07-04-2020, 03:37 PM   #30
Almost There

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Bluebird 35 shuttle cng
Engine: John deere
Rated Cap: 36
Quote:
Frying bacon has also been known to "throw sparks". lol

Many AANR facilities are somewhat high-dollar resorts.

"My local" resort is Laguna del Sol in Wilton, Northern California.
I go there a couple times a year for complete and absolute relaxation.

They have everything from dry tent-camping to luxurious hotel rooms.
And six or seven pools and hot-tubs (one of each indoors), two children's playgrounds, a lake, archery range, dog park, hiking trails, excellent restaurant, and a marvelous river that I love swimming in.

Again, it is the most relaxing place on Earth that I know of. (It deserves repeating! lol )

A few years ago, famed photographer and environmentalist Jack Gescheidt took several marvelous photos there, with his main theme being trees. Here is one of the shots.
This is simply one example of the "magical" atmosphere of the place (boosted by Jack's photographic skills, admittedly).
Laguna del sol is actually a mobile home park too and I have done a few mobile home demolitions there over the years. Luckily they allowed me and my crew to remain clothed. It was not difficult keeping my eyes on my work. Most of the people there were like me and not the ones you hoped to see naked.
John
demoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2020, 03:44 PM   #31
Bus Crazy

Year: 2007
Chassis: Freightliner
Engine: C7 Cat
Quote:
Wonderful!
Do you simply tell them you have a converted school bus, or do you send them a photo of it?

Laguna del Sol is a mighty nice place. That is the restaurant overlooking the volleyball pool:

That looks awesome there Elliot.
Thanks for the share!
Cheers
Oscar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2020, 04:24 PM   #32
Bus Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by demoman View Post
Laguna del sol is actually a mobile home park too and I have done a few mobile home demolitions there over the years. Luckily they allowed me and my crew to remain clothed. It was not difficult keeping my eyes on my work. Most of the people there were like me and not the ones you hoped to see naked.
John
Yes, indeed!
Mobile home park, hotel, campsites, RV sites, you name it. They have every form of dwelling short of skyscrapers, and some folks live there full time.

One of the many services offered is for folks who keep a camping trailer there year 'round, but use it only part time: I believe it is called "pull out service".
They have a section for simply storing trailers, and they will pull your trailer from storage to a camp-site and hook it up for you before you arrive, and put it back in the storage yard after you leave.
(Not relevant for us, but an example of how AANR resorts are not so far from mainstream as one might guess when first learning about this.)

Hmmm.... Davis, and a CNG bus with JD engine.... Have we met?

By the way... I ought to lecture you about "hoping to see naked", but I do understand. You are a normal person -- in a misguided society. And now I could start preaching about double standards and such evils, but I do tend to go on and on, don't I. LOL

Oh, by the way, Rollin Gnome-Mad... if you should ever want to learn about the Burning Man community, where all human body parts are pretty much universally accepted, I am what-we-call a theme camp leader, and children are entirely welcome in my camp.

Old 07-04-2020, 04:42 PM   #33
Almost There

Laguna del sol

Quote:
Yes, indeed!
Mobile home park, hotel, campsites, RV sites, you name it. They have every form of dwelling short of skyscrapers, and some folks live there full time.

One of the many services offered is for folks who keep a camping trailer there year 'round, but use it only part time: I believe it is called "pull out service".
They have a section for simply storing trailers, and they will pull your trailer from storage to a camp-site and hook it up for you before you arrive, and put it back in the storage yard after you leave.
(Not relevant for us, but an example of how AANR resorts are not so far from mainstream as one might guess when first learning about this.)

Hmmm.... Davis, and a CNG bus with JD engine.... Have we met?

By the way... I ought to lecture you about "hoping to see naked", but I do understand. You are a normal person -- in a misguided society. And now I could start preaching about double standards and such evils, but I do tend to go on and on, don't I. LOL

Oh, by the way, Rollin Gnome-Mad... if you should ever want to learn about the Burning Man community, where all human body parts are pretty much universally accepted, I am what-we-call a theme camp leader, and children are entirely welcome in my camp.
Elliot
I have met many people in my travels but probably not through my bus. It is one that I own but haven't done anything with except take out the seats. I have scrapped out a lot of buses though from Santa Rosa to Davis and elsewhere.
I know what you are saying about hoping to see naked but I think everyone has a preferred level of aesthetic pleasantness that brings joy to your day. Whether clothed or not. Maybe we met at burning man. I went there a number of times starting in 1997 when it was so anarchic they had a Molotov cocktail camp. And I don't mean beverages. I stayed in family camp with my three year old who loved it. She is now 18 and wanted to go again before she started college but no luck this year.
John
Old 07-04-2020, 04:55 PM   #34
Bus Geek

And a drive-by shooting range, I am told.
My first Burn was not until 2006, so I am a Johnny-come-lately, ha ha.
You have scrapped buses.... Do you have any parts? I could use a rear bumper. Well, we could go to PMs.

Old 07-04-2020, 05:45 PM   #35
Almost There

Yes I heard that too while I was there but didn't see it. I have parts and sent a pm but didn't see it when I went back to check. Pm me back.
Old 07-04-2020, 07:23 PM   #36
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 2015
Coachwork: Chevrolet
Chassis: Goshen Shuttle Bus
Engine: 6.0 Chev
Quote:
My husband and I are becoming members and I was just wondering if anyone else here is?
My wife and l are.
AutumnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2020, 07:43 AM   #37
Bus Nut

Year: 1976
Coachwork: Wayne
Chassis: Dodge S-600
Engine: 360 V8
Rated Cap: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigskypc50 View Post
Nooo not me, if I ran around nude, everyone’s corneas would be burned for life never to see again!
Me, too! On a clear summer day, people would need shades just to talk to me!

Or that's what I tell myself. At such a gathering, I'd feel like this:
Skunky Bus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2020, 11:09 AM   #38
Mini-Skoolie

Not official AANR members, but my wife and I frequent nudist resorts, beaches etc and are long time Burners. We have been developing 10 acres of land out in the country into a small intentional community for us and our friends, which is ‘clothing optional’ as well.
Flowstatebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2020, 12:07 PM   #39
Bus Geek

A small intentional community sure sounds attractive to me. I live surrounded by criminals and derelicts and drug-addicts and thieves and vandals of all stripes now, and my tolerance is wearing thin after 18 years of this.

Old 08-23-2020, 08:57 AM   #40

LOL We are unofficial members. It is so hot and isolated here that we joined. Without signing up, lol.
cancruise is offline   Reply With Quote