Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 09-02-2020, 04:57 PM   #61
Bus Nut

Year: 1993
Coachwork: 44' Newell Coach
Engine: 8v92T Detroit
Rated Cap: 2 adults and two pigeons
Quote:
Originally Posted by banman View Post
Bootlegging is very much a crime -- liquor taxes are a state thing. Anything that smacks of local tax evasion will be locally problematic...

I won't address the actual gun laws -- my paranoia runs elsewhere...

We're not looking for you if you're not the problem
https://spacenews.com/us-air-force-s...camera-system/
I meant carrying a wine bottle or two 12oz bottles of beer. Arizona frowns on liquor/vehicles/and or having keys to a vehicle on your person regardless if you drive or not after you had 5oz of said drink.

Old 09-02-2020, 06:01 PM   #62
Bus Crazy

Year: 2002
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freightliner FS-65
Engine: 7.2L Cat 3126 turbo diesel
Rated Cap: 71 passenger 30,000 gvwr
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bus'n it View Post
I meant carrying a wine bottle or two 12oz bottles of beer. Arizona frowns on liquor/vehicles/and or having keys to a vehicle on your person regardless if you drive or not after you had 5oz of said drink.
I figured that's what you meant.

Technically, that's bootlegging AND it's absolutely against the law in almost every state.

Will you be called out on it? Probably not, although Utah's a little stricter than most...

I've had friends hassled over a bag of recycling -- technically an open container....

All about "Police Discretion"

I hear there's people protesting here n' there about that very topic...

So... for guns and alcohol storage -- out of sight -- out of mind...

The Murder Bus
Old 09-03-2020, 03:40 PM   #63
Bus Geek

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: DTA360 / MT643
Rated Cap: 7 Row Handicap
ha!! california one state I pretty much avoid unless im there to make money... they dont like my hotrodded diesel engines there so piss on them.. I'll stay where rollin coal is allowed and welcome

I never do carry alchol in my bus.. however ive often wondered how thats handled.. if you are a motorhome is it a portable residence and you are consuming your alcohol at home (when not driving).. or is it bootlegging ?

is the rule reallty that you are supposed to pour it all down the drain before you cross any state line?
Old 09-03-2020, 03:41 PM   #64
Mini-Skoolie

My wife shoots better than me at the range. I respond to emergencies better. She is driving to Kansas now to see our granddaughter. Her Kimber is on her hip.
Old 09-03-2020, 03:46 PM   #65
Mini-Skoolie

I suspect that it can't be accessible to occupants. Stored beneath the floor should be ok, but don't quote me.
Old 09-03-2020, 04:19 PM   #66
Bus Nut

Utah has “bootlegging” laws I have heard of people getting pulled over at the state lines and searched, beer taken and fined. I have also heard of people getting “open container” for empty cans or bottles in the back of trucks.

Once I had my car searched in driving thru Utah, the cop said “if I didn't have a lighter in my console he might not of searched the car”. I did not consent to the search so he said he saw me reach for something like a weapon so he can search the car.

Not sure how it is now, but 20 years ago when I lived in Utah the only place to buy liquor was the sate run liquor stores. They were few and far between, prices were at least 2x normal, they had a video camera to record all customers that the probation dept would review every week, clerks were trained to look for signs of drivers drinking and call police. Many times a cop was watching the parking lot.

I have heard of some of the small towns in Utah calling police on people for wearing AD/DC tee shirts(satin worshipers), pregnant women smoking or drinking, couples that are suspected of being gay.
Old 09-06-2020, 06:55 PM   #67
Bus Geek

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Genesis
Chassis: International
Engine: DT466/3060
Rated Cap: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan View Post
My Texas LTC is good in about 33 states. I just avoid the other 17.

OP. Have you considered concealing your gun safe. Mount it under the floor or behind a hidden wall panel? Flip up headboard? Behind couch cushion? Can't be too careful.
Isn't Texas an open carry state? I have to drive to Kilgore on Tues. and I'm not going unarmed with cash on me.
Old 09-06-2020, 08:00 PM   #68
Bus Nut

Year: 2001
Chassis: VIN = 1T7HR3B2311090770
Engine: Cat 3126
Rated Cap: ~72
screwed up message, replaced below.
Old 09-06-2020, 08:02 PM   #69
Bus Nut

Year: 2001
Chassis: VIN = 1T7HR3B2311090770
Engine: Cat 3126
Rated Cap: ~72
Quote:
Technically, that's bootlegging AND it's absolutely against the law in almost every state.

How can it be bootlegging if you aren't selling it?
Old 09-06-2020, 08:11 PM   #70
Mini-Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by o1marc View Post
Isn't Texas an open carry state? I have to drive to Kilgore on Tues. and I'm not going unarmed with cash on me.
Texas is open carry only if you have a valid license to carry from a recognized state. You can also carry a long gun openly. Anyone who can legally own a pistol can keep it loaded and concealed in their car. No LTC required. A Georgia concealed carry permit is recognized in TX. Let me know if you have questions on our laws. They are pretty simple.

I have a cousin who is a detective for Greg County, TX.
Old 09-06-2020, 10:39 PM   #71
Bus Geek

Coachwork: Genesis
Chassis: International
Engine: DT466/3060
Rated Cap: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan View Post
Texas is open carry only if you have a valid license to carry from a recognized state. You can also carry a long gun openly. Anyone who can legally own a pistol can keep it loaded and concealed in their car. No LTC required. A Georgia concealed carry permit is recognized in TX. Let me know if you have questions on our laws. They are pretty simple.

I have a cousin who is a detective for Greg County, TX.
I applied for my CCP last year. It got returned to me because they were looking for the disposition of a court case from 1980 In Florida. Took me a month to get proof of disposition and sent back into the State of Ga. But this covid-19 deems this department non essential and Lord knows when they will process those. They are even scheduling traffic court right now.
Old 09-06-2020, 11:10 PM   #72
Mini-Skoolie

Short story is that in Texas, you can keep it loaded and concealed in your car. Your car is your castle, just like a house. Anybody forcing their way into an occupied vehicle is fair game in TX. I don't know the law in MS or LA.
Old 09-07-2020, 08:16 AM   #73
Bus Crazy

Coachwork: Amtran
Chassis: International RE
Engine: International T444e
Rated Cap: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by o1marc View Post
I applied for my CCP last year. It got returned to me because they were looking for the disposition of a court case from 1980 In Florida. Took me a month to get proof of disposition and sent back into the State of Ga. But this covid-19 deems this department non essential and Lord knows when they will process those.
This is why in NH there are time limits to deny, and denial requires reason.
Closed Thread