Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-14-2016, 09:09 PM   #21
Bus Nut

Good places to park

I am located in Idaho and this is a great state to work and live. I live on 10 acres about 6 miles from the main city road. I have had 3 buses here for about a year each. I charge about $100 plus $50 for electricity and water. No electric heaters allowed as the power bill will jump to $450 a month.
If I was looking for a place to park, I would cruise an area that would meet my needs. Then I would go to the houses that are in my area of interest. I would give each person that I spoke to, a brief letter of my needs. I would include my name, previous address, other people with my bus, any good talent as electrician or carpenter and ask if I can provide any service in exchange for staying there. On many rural places the folks will be happy to let you stay.
Only talk about money after exchanging information. Be sure to include your cell number. I have met some very neet folks, and have also met some not neet folks. Frank

frank-id is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 11:30 PM   #22

Thumbs up Good places to park

I think the pacific northwest is pretty tolerant of travelers, and in Eugene, the town where I live, this is exceptionally true. Alton Baker park, the large central park in Eugene, has a parking lot that allows RVs to camp for 2 weeks at a time, but you can also file for extensions I believe. From what I remember when I looked into it a couple years ago you have to call the parks department and talk to someone to get the process started. We also have national forest roads within twenty minutes that are free to camp on for up to fourteen days. Robin had it right earlier in this thread, head to the forest if there are any near your town.
Willamette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 10:03 AM   #23
Bus Nut

Year: 1984
Engine: 366 Big block Chevy! :) w/ Stick shift
One attitude that has halped me is to consider people's vibes as "information" that i can use as a guide to where i will be most happy.

If the information is cold and mean then chances are that i will not be happy there even if i can dig my heels in and stay. Also i can be grateful for icky information because it is like a sign that somewhere better is waiting for me, and i at least know that he icky place is NOT it.

If the information is warm and kind, then that is the place life wants me.

Also sometimes i tend to focus on the one blade of grass that is bad, instead of he rest of the beautifull lawn. It serves me well to gently pull my attention away from invitations to fight and be angry, people who drain my energy, and instead guide it towards things that nourish and rejuvinate my energy and spirit.

Especially difficult lessons for me considering i have a tendency to not be kind to myself and stay where i am not happy.

Carytowncat is offline   Reply With Quote