Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-13-2020, 12:53 PM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 2004
Coachwork: Collins
Chassis: Chevy Express 3500
Engine: 6.0L Gas
Long-term parking near Philly?

Hi y'all!

Found some really promising deals nearby and am thinking of taking the plunge and buying a bus to work on this winter! Only thing is...I'm in west Philly and know I won't get away with street parking for the long-term.

Anyone have a spot or know a place to store one in the area? If it's just a storage space, around $100/mo or so would be great, but perhaps unrealistic? I've got eyes on a bus that's 35'-40' and a few others in the 25' range.

I'd like to be no more than 10-15 miles from town, and preferably somewhere in city limits while I'm finishing up a training program, but am open to other options.

Thanks for any and all leads you might have!

novice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2021, 09:41 AM   #2
Skoolie

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Michael Corbier
Chassis: GMC Savana 3500
Engine: 6.5 Diesel
Payed Parking

Novice, I was in a similar place as you are with a smaller bus and in Boston, MA which is urban and expensive. 100 dollars was not enough in the city and close suburbs. The other problem is where you plan to work on the bus. My current landlord allows me to use some space behind where I'm parked, but wants it clear when I leave for the day. In my search, owners will give you a space but insist that no work is allowed. I received a reply from a Craig's List ad noting that the owner had industrial space and parking. Maybe this is what you should be looking for; a shared industrial space with other tenants with parking. I wish I had power and shop space, but I'm coping with the limitations with a small gas generator, and keeping my work area organized.
Corbi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
long term parking, parking, rental, storage