Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-11-2023, 04:22 PM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 2009
Chassis: International
Engine: Maxxforce 7
Rated Cap: 17000
My Skoolie Travel Photos - A Rolling Log

Rolling update of all my skoolie travel photos in one place

I will start this thread with my most current adventure, Northern Michigan. I drove up to the Traverse City area to see the changing of the colors and the views did not disappoint. Below is a photo of a dirt road I found near Manistee National Forest. How I got to this location was by looking for off-road trails on the onX app. I did not know what the landscape would be so it was a complete surprise when I stumbled up on this very picturesque landscape.

In the comments, for each comment I will be posting a single photo from my skoolie travels and a the story behind some aspect of the image.

Subscribe if you would like to stay updated when new stories are posted.
Attached Thumbnails
perfectfarmcrop-2.jpg  

Unaesthetic Nomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2023, 04:34 PM   #2
Mini-Skoolie

Colorado Dispersed Camping

In the heart of a sprawling national forest near Walton Peak, I embarked on an extraordinary journey in my converted skoolie. I had just upgraded the tires to some aggressive, mud terrain tread and was itching to get them on the forest back roads.

The area around Walton Peak was a world of rugged beauty, where nature's magnificence could be appreciated in its purest form. The dirt roads winding through the forest provided the perfect canvas for adventure. I ventured deep into the heart of the wilderness, leaving behind the conveniences of modern life. The skoolie's tires kicked up a trail of dust as I drove deeper into the woods.

As evening descended and the forest became cloaked in a serene twilight, the skoolie was parked at a secluded spot. With its whispering pines and starlit canopy, the forest welcomed me for a night of dispersed camping.

Attached Thumbnails
backroads-13.jpg   backroads-1.jpg   backroads-10.jpg  
Old 10-16-2023, 06:19 PM   #3
Mini-Skoolie

Discovering an Abandoned Fire Lookout Tower in Manistee National Forest

Join me on an unexpected journey through the breathtaking fall colors of Manistee National Forest! I set out to explore the forest in my skoolie and ended up stumbling upon an abandoned fire lookout tower deep in the heart of the woods. In this video, I'll take you along as I drive my skoolie through winding forest roads, capturing the stunning autumn foliage that this season has to offer. And be sure to stick around to witness the awe-inspiring discovery of the abandoned tower – a true hidden gem. Subscribe, like, and hit that notification bell so you don't miss this unique adventure, where we blend my passion for exploration with the beauty of nature!

Attached Thumbnails
Firelookouttower-01.jpg  
Old 02-11-2024, 03:51 PM   #4
Mini-Skoolie

Glacier National Park

Glacier national Park, MT P1

I took This big trip before I painted the exterior, so the bus looks more like it should be in a parking lot, not a national park, but that doesn't suppress the feeling I get every time I enter a National Park. I can thank my Oma for the travel bug.

Once in the park, I went to find my reservation and stayed at Apgar Campground on the West Glacier, was a great little site.

The air clarity was not optimal as the Canadian fires ran full speed during this time making visibility not as good but that's beyond my control so no stress there, just taking in the beauty and time on the road.

Nightfall came on the first day as I was acclimating to the area. I decided to make a fire, cook some dogs, and crack open a few brews.

Post dinner, I sat by the fire and got into my new book, Death in Glacier National Park, the perfect read when hiking in grizzly country.

The next day, clarity increased due to the overnight and early morning storm. , I made my way over to Grinnell Glacier, as this was the hike I wanted to cross off my list. I also wanted to hike, Going to the sun, but this was closed due to the snow, so another time. Also of note, the Going to the Sun drive is only open to vehicles under 21', so I missed the cut-off by 4', sad.

As I returned to East Glacier, I was looking for places to pull over and snap some photos. The following set are some of the places I stopped along East Glacier.

This concludes Part One of Glacier National Park and the first 24 hours there. In the next post, I will continue the Skoolie adventure in East Glacier, including my drive and hike up to Grinnell Glacier and the amazing KOA right outside the park with just insane views.
Attached Thumbnails
apgar.PNG   GlacierNP-33.jpg   GlacierNP-37.jpg  

Tags
fall, michigan, skoolie life, travel