Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 03-11-2021, 11:44 AM   #21
Bus Geek

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freighliner FS65
Engine: Cat 3126
Rated Cap: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by crowcreekcabin View Post
We were lucky in interior AK. They prioritized the vax here due to the lack of emergency health care access.

Hour flight to town - no ventilator at the local clinic.. in theory, 1 case could overwhelm the health care system here.

We now have acheived over 70% vaccinated in my little village. Anybody over 16 that wants it, now has it.

Even before the vax, our remote location also allowed us to act like an island nation and monitor travel and test all people coming in. 2 cases were decected and put in quarantine. No local transmission was the result.

Feels good to be vaxed. I like several things about it.

1. Less likely to die if I catch it.
2. Less likely to kill grandma/grandpa just trying to check on them
3. Chilling with other vax people has very little "social guilt".

Social guilt meaning... Having a few beers with friends, but being paranoid the whole time about spreading it... and thinking the whole time.. "should we be doing this?"...

Basically I am back to my regular pre-covid paranoid state. Still wearing a mask, because 30% of people aren't vaxed... mostly kids.. AND.. it is really not that big of a deal... Nobody wants to see my ugly face anyway!
If you're ever down in the opposite corner of the country hit me up and lets have a covid safe bbq!

Old 03-11-2021, 01:59 PM   #22
Bus Geek

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: DTA360 / MT643
Rated Cap: 7 Row Handicap
covid is going to be endemic anyway.. its never going to go away.. . history of coronaviruses say that they mutate into less lethal veriants over time.. other history of them says that vaccines and treatments help to further the cause of weakening in the viruses as if they do infect and become contagious in vaccinated people that the mutations are often sever enough to weaken the virus significantly.. in general the populations of developed nations arent the issue. its tjhe populations of underdeveloped nations that could fuel more deadly / contagious mutations.. the consensus on anti-vaxxing is dwindling as more %% of the public in europe and the USA is on board now that many vaccinated people are not getting sick and side effects are less frequent than what people thought they would be..

the EU / UK is poised to create vaccine passports which are designed to not only allow vaccinated people to gather but also encourage anti vaxxers.. we will never pull that off in the USA since we couldnt get people to wven agree to putting on a mask i nthe worst of it
Old 03-11-2021, 02:29 PM   #23
Bus Nut

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: T/C 2000 28 foot Handy Bus
Engine: Cummins 5.9 Mechanical
Rated Cap: 2
Will get mine after hernia surgery next week as per Doc. Did treat myself to these and am bringing back these tube amps 125 watts RMS x 2 into a nice set of Klipsch and the powered subby under the bench. Rock on.

Hernias suck
Attached Thumbnails
dead.jpg   Tubes.jpg  
Old 03-11-2021, 09:31 PM   #24
Site Team

The post in question contained dangerous disinformation.

Thread closed.
Closed Thread