Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

The Jazz Buzz
Mini-Skoolie

Registry
Vehicle Name The Jazz Buzz
Year 2000
Make Blue Bird
Model TC2000
Length 28'
2000 Blue Bird TC2000
2000 Blue Bird TC2000 2000 Blue Bird TC2000
Basic Info Bus was acquired August 4, 2021, with !43K miles on it from Levi Hopkins of Leviathan Truck Sales in Burnett, TX. It was purchased for $7K, then added brand new tires all the way around for about $3K, then driven to to Pompano Beach, FL. The brakes are very difficult to push down on, and still needs to be fixed (as of Christmas, 2021). Fuel and water temperature sensors do not work correctly, and the ABS is leaking somewhere. Bus has a wonderfully running 5.9 Cummins that gets 9 mi/gallon, about as expected, from what I read. I had no problems on the trip home. I took it to a local mechanic who fortunately removed all the seats, but didn't have time (he is ill) to fix the gauges or the brakes. Insurance was a major pain, but finally arranged through Allstate, which apparently subcontracted it out. Subfloor installed mostly according to book "Skoolie" by Will Sutherland (VERY helpful book!), but used plywood and cork + rubber obtained from Home Depot for the subfloor, followed by a beautifully done (by a pro) laminate "Buttercream Maple" flooring I bought from LL Flooring. Installed A/C and exhaust fan, but don't have them wired in yet. That's about all that has been done as of Christmas, 2021).
Exterior
2000 Blue Bird TC2000 Exterior
Leviathan Truck Sales painted the exterior a light beige (Sherwin & Williams auto paint, color #94890) of my choosing, and although that was his (Levi's) first shot at it (except for his own use), he did a pretty fair job. However, I need to go over some spots he missed. Exterior was in great shape until I stupidly baked into a tree and bent part of the cowling over the top rear tail light. I had to re-paint the roof (two coats) with an RV paint that Home Depot sells (can't remember brand name at the moment).

Interior
2000 Blue Bird TC2000 Interior 2000 Blue Bird TC2000 Interior 2000 Blue Bird TC2000 Interior
Not much in the interior yet (12/21) except for the new floor, which is beautiful!

Customizations
2000 Blue Bird TC2000 Customizations 2000 Blue Bird TC2000 Customizations 2000 Blue Bird TC2000 Customizations
Took out the top two hatches and installed a 2-way MaxxFan exhaust fan in the front hatch, and a Houghton Belair RV A/C-Heater in the rear hatch, but have not wired in either one yet.

Renovations and Repairs
Explained above

Tow Vehicle
N/A.

Favorite Camping Destinations
Not that far along yet!
Comments: 0 / Views: 979