Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-12-2020, 05:44 PM   #1

1989 GMC Vandura 3500 Skoolie

Hello I have a 1989 GMC Vandura short bus that I'm converting into a skoolie. It came with a 350 already swapped in from the diesel that was originally in it. I started gutting the inside a I took apart the wiring before really understanding that was a bad idea. I finally managed to put all the wires back and got the bus to fire over again. The problem I am having is the red flashing lights will not turn off. When I have the key on they just keep flashing and I can't figure out how to turn them off. If anyone has had a similar issue or might know what to do I would appreciate it very much thank you!

Dcbeyond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2020, 11:45 AM   #2
Bus Nut

Year: 1996
Coachwork: Bluebird, Collins
Chassis: G30 Bluebird Microbird, E350 Shuttle Bus
Engine: 1995 Chevrolet 350, 1992 Ford 460
I have a 1996 Chevy Van g30. Its similar. It has several safety switches. It might be a safety switch that activates the red flashing lights? Not a expert but that’s my guess. All you would need to do is either close or open that circuit again and they would stop flashing.
On the other hand it “should” be easy to deactivate all the original bus safety circuitry. Usually it is all powered by a contact relay above the driver. Disconnect that contact and see what happens.
There should be a thermal breaker for the flashing lights. Disconnect the wire there.
Doktari is offline   Reply With Quote