Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-22-2017, 05:35 PM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Amtran
Chassis: 3800
Engine: dt466
1999 International 3800 wiring Diagram for Interlock

Hello All, First post. I am just starting my conversion. I studied for quite some time before attempting this but still screwed something up with the interlock. I did get ahead of myself removing wires and now have to remove the interlock to get it to run again.

Does anyone have a wiring diagram for a 1999 navistar international 3800? (not that it matters but it has a dt466.

I tried following the instructions at http://www.skoolie.net/forums/f10/ho...ock-10956.html and found the relay or solonoid or whatever you would like to call it. On my bus, I have two pink wires coming off the rear panel with the emergency exit. The bar lock is connected with two pink wires designated as 58 and 5 and the slide lock is connected by two pink wires 75 and 5. the pink wire #5 i had left alone and is one of the three pink wires running to the buzzer. #75 runs up the wall and ends in a single connector that does not run anywhere. As far as i know i did not remove this wire as i saved every wire i removed and i dont have it and it also does not appear at the wiring box. Now for the craziness....

#58 is one that i did cut but had the wire and reconnected it. It runs to the front to the relay or solonoid. Attached image 0124. I tried replacing that wire with a ground wire like here and it still didnt work. I removed the wires from both sides of the relay, held them together and grounded them against a bolt and it cranked finally but did not turn over. It has only been sitting for less than a week. Batteries are fully charged. I connected the wires again to the relay and reconnected the wire to the rear, and nothing. Tried grounding again and still nothing.

Also another crazy issue is my batteries died after i parked it and while i was removing stuff. Probably left the rear door open too long or something. I charged them and when i attach them to the bus, as soon as i put the power wires on and beeping starts going off even with the key not in. Any ideas?

I looked at the buzzer and on one side there are three pink wires going to the emergency windows, the escape hatch and the rear door. On the other side are three black wires, one disappearing into the mess under the dash, the other connecting to the radio harness and the last as the middle wire on a second relay / solonoid. The wires on either side of that are going to the base of each fuse block. Should that wire also be removed and i attempt to ground that relay as well?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. God Bless, Clint
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0124.JPG   IMG_0125.jpg   IMG_0128.jpg   IMG_0130.jpg   IMG_0131.jpg  

Here to learn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 06:54 PM   #2

Same issue

My husband and I are having the same problems on our 92 International. Did you resolve it?
Greenbetty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2021, 11:38 AM   #3
Bus Nut

Chassis: International
Engine: T444E
Thanks for the video Here To Learn! Seems really easy.
Diverdude0075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2021, 04:42 PM   #4
Bus Geek

Year: 86
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Ford B700
Engine: 8.2
Rated Cap: 60 bodies
in my 2003/4 cutaway all of my vandalock wiring was labled.
hope yours is as well.
in my 98 percent delete i had to reconect although alot the shorter and all relays gone.
the van lock pilot and the van lock relay wiring together.
everything else related is gone.
all wiring is yellow and each one has its own label on the wire.
good luck.
selective demo and try is the method i used.
cut/disconnect a wire and start the vehicle and then on to the next.
Jolly Roger bus 223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2021, 05:02 PM   #5
Bus Crazy

Year: 1974
Coachwork: Crown
Chassis: "Atomic"
Engine: DD 8V71
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolly Roger bus 223 View Post
cut/disconnect a wire and start the vehicle and then on to the next.
This! There's no more important takeaway. I cringe when I see people post, "Hey, I just cut out a bunch of wires and moved some doors and relays and switches...and now my bus won't start." Doing it as you describe is the only safe way and that makes it easy to revert changes. It's like reverse troubleshooting...or troubleshooting as you go. Thanks!
rossvtaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2021, 07:23 PM   #6
Bus Nut

Chassis: International
Engine: T444E
Thanks guys! I will read and heed.
Diverdude0075 is offline   Reply With Quote