Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-27-2021, 04:33 PM   #1

Year: 2009
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: All American
Engine: CAT C7S
2009 Bluebird AA electrical mishap causes no automatic door, no heat

I read a few posts in regards to jumping a solenoid for folks with a similar problem:

We are doing demo inside our 2009 BB AA 84 pass RE

Upon removing plastic bumpers over the windows, which also covers the wiring on the drivers side, my boyfriend decided to disconnect the relay over the emergency exit door. Initially we went through the battle of dealing with the interlock system/VANDALOCK. Because he decided to leave the bus running while playing with these wires, one of the 10amp fuses blew. We replaced it and was able to start the bus - only after unlocking the emergency exits of course! And reconnecting the relay as well.

Since then the heaters, the automatic entry door switch and the interior lights don’t work. Nor windshield wipers. Headlights are a-okay.

After giving a good hard stare down to the electrical box and replacing a 15amp fuse, and the parts I mentioned still not working, it appears as though there may be a fuse under the dash that blew.

Or

When my boyfriend called the school district we got the bus from during our original problem with interlock/VANDALOCK issue - a tech told him to “unplug the black box” and one of the black boxes he unplugged was solenoid number 1. So perhaps solenoid number 1 is damaged from trying to start the bus with it unplugged?

Any help on checking if a solenoid is good or bad would be helpful or if I should start hunting down another fuse under my dash somewhere.

And if anyone wants to recommend any posts that would be particularly helpful for removing electrical bits of the bus I don’t want or need, please share as well

BigYellowWhale is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bluebird, electrical, solenoid, solenoid number one, vandalock