Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-02-2022, 10:45 PM   #1
Skoolie

Year: 1997
Engine: Cummins 8.3
4k+ Watts Solar. I think I should ask for help with design.

Hi all.

Well I’ve put it off and put it off. I’ve tried researching and reading and gone from knowing almost nothing about electricity to where I think I could just about wire a whole house. I’ve purchased 10 x 435 watt SunPower panels that will take up most of the roof and leave just enough room for 4 people to sit comfortably on a small deck up front. I bought 6k watts of inverter/chargers, and 18k watts of LiFePO4 batteries. But I think I’ve finally gotten to the point where I should probably consult a professional for the design.

I tried searching the forums for services others have used to assist in designing their systems, and looked around online, but most of the forums seem to be a bit outdated, and nothing online references a system so large.

Does anyone here have experience or have recommendations for someone I could send the specs to and get back a design for the solar system? I feel competent enough in the install portion. But I’m scared I’m going to waste as much money oversizing or double-ordering parts than it should cost to just get a parts list spit out by a designer.

How much should I expect to spend on such a service?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks all,
Slowpoke

Truffles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2022, 11:34 PM   #2
Bus Crazy

Year: 1974
Coachwork: Crown
Chassis: "Atomic"
Engine: DD 8V71
Hi Slowpoke, there's lots of great expertise here. And then there's me. But I sent you a PM with my contact info.
rossvtaylor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
design, professional, service, solar