Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-22-2017, 08:02 AM   #21
Bus Geek

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freighliner FS65
Engine: Cat 3126
Rated Cap: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlbeck1985 View Post
Ok man, I get it. You're sticking up for you buddy and flooding my post pointlessly.

Can we get back on topic and not feel the need to be superior? Thanks.
You're so combative, there's no helping you. I gave you some advice and a link that you asked for. I'm out. have a good weekend and a nice life.

EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 08:09 AM   #22
Bus Crazy

Year: 1997
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: GMC
Engine: Cat 3116
Rated Cap: 72
If you are going to ask for help regarding electrical issues then please learn how to use the correct terminology so that others may benefit also. You are the wise guy apprentice! You know it all don't you with no experience. I feel sorry for you kid.
Old 04-22-2017, 08:16 AM   #23
Mini-Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackJohn View Post
If you are going to ask for help regarding electrical issues then please learn how to use the correct terminology so that others may benefit also. You are the wise guy apprentice! You know it all don't you with no experience. I feel sorry for you kid.
What are you referring to? What terminology did I use incorrectly? I made it clear I was an apprentice for that exact reason, in case I made a mistake. That doesn't mean you need to talk down to me. If that was not your intent I apologize, that's how it came across to me.
tlbeck1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 10:15 AM   #24
Bus Crazy

Year: 1997
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: GMC
Engine: Cat 3116
Rated Cap: 72
In my first post I asked what year apprentice you are which you didn't answer. I was hoping I could gain some incite to your experience in these bus matters and dc current generally, both theory and practically. Then I could answer more appropriately. To call an alternator a generator is totally confusing to many novices here. That's why you have to be very explicit in wording your statements or questions, suggestions etc. It makes one huge difference and is the main reason people are so unsure of what they are up against in this bus world. There are many here with as much or more experience than I for sure but they don't always answer questions posed.
The basics fit every vehicle but each bus is an individual entity. So, our suggestions would only apply to using dc current as opposed to a generator to supply ac current. Nothing wrong with that but most want ac current available also.
That is why I had to question your thinking and apology accepted.
Discussion is very important I agree but when clarification becomes apparent, that's where I have my opinion. There isn't any equipment that needs inventing or hasn't already been invented when it comes to bus dc systems. Hope this helps and once again this is for the benefit of anyone trying to figure out their bus electrical systems.
Old 04-22-2017, 10:42 AM   #25
Mini-Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackJohn View Post
In my first post I asked what year apprentice you are which you didn't answer. I was hoping I could gain some incite to your experience in these bus matters and dc current generally, both theory and practically. Then I could answer more appropriately. To call an alternator a generator is totally confusing to many novices here.

There isn't any equipment that needs inventing or hasn't already been invented when it comes to bus dc systems.
I'm a second year inside wireman, with three years experience total. I was referring to the engine and charging system as basically being a generator, not just the alternator.

There isn't anything that needs inventing, that we know of. ;) But hey, necessity is the mother of invention. If someone can come up with a product or device or way to make things better or easier, I'm all for it.
tlbeck1985 is offline   Reply With Quote