Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-24-2021, 01:36 PM   #1

Bus Refuses to Start After Stop Sign Clipped

Hi, not sure if this is electrical issue or mechanical issue but I am stuck on a problem.
The Bus that I have is a 2005 Blue Bird Conventional (BB CV 5400).

After looking at the wiring schematic or the stop sign/arm, I clipped the wires connected from sign to wire panel. This includes: motor, GND act/deact and the wires that go to the lights. When clipping those, the bus no longer wants to start.
Two situations can happen, depending what I do.
1. If I decide not to wait for the wait to start light to go off I can crank the key, and a buzzer will go off, dash panel will flash basically all lights, and you can hear a click from a solenoid (assuming starter solenoid) but does not turn over.
2. If I wait for the wait to start light to go off, I am not able to crank the key to start the bus.
For both situations, I have tried to have the emergency door fully retracted (as stated above the key switch to do) and even had all doors and window shut before starting.

My approaches so far:
1. Rewired the stop sign - did nothing.
2. Replaced the batteries - nothing.
3. rewired stop sign again - verified stop sign functions the way it should when switch is activated and deactivated. But bus still did not start.
4. Put a multimeter on all wires connected to the stop sign. Found that all wires are low besides the motor which is a constant high. Removed it from chassis and grounded the rest, still nothing.
5. Found the fuse panel, saw "ignition interlock". Not sure if it would have fixed the situation but wanted to test, I removed, tested and got nothing. Put it back, tested and got nothing. Also verified starter relay terminals are good and not corroded. I did not go straight to the starter though.

In the fuse panel I did notice the multiplexor LED system and have been trying to understand what it is saying. Basically what I see is...

Zone: A B C D E
Port: 1 2 3 4
Input: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Output: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
COM:

From the layout above, the indicators that are lit up are the Zone B and the COM port.

I'm very new to this and not sure where exactly I need to go but just wondering if anyone here might know how to fix or at least tips on how to proceed. It would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
Attached Thumbnails
fusepanelfull.jpg   indicators.jpg   COMindicator.jpg   viewofstarterRelay.jpg   fuses.jpg  

fusepanelDiagram.jpg  

TheNameisBailey is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fuse panel, starting issues, stop arm; school bus