Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-29-2020, 09:30 AM   #1

Bus won’t start - Maybe rear exit issues?

I have one of the short busses and have always had a problem with the rear safety alarms getting started and never looked to take them off. Would just open and shut the doors multiple times till it would get started. Now we can get the bus to start at all and need help as I am not sure what to do.

When I turn the key everything gets power but it won’t even try and turn over or make any noise when you try to start it. I have taken off both of the rear exit safety units thinking that would be the problem and followed some guidelines to bypass them so they are not needed but it still won’t start. Can someone suggest anything else? How exactly do these safety switches work, do they disable the starter or is it disable something else? Just wondering if I could bypass or get it started another way by changing out a wire in the engine or some other part.

redbrad0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2020, 09:53 AM   #2
Mini-Skoolie

I'm just guessing, but it sounds like a kill switch relay circuit. Get some prints for your bus and trace to the relay. Jumper the switch at the relay or even better, install a toggle switch and hide it near the driver seat for a security kill switch.
Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2020, 11:27 AM   #3

Thank you for your reply, do you know where I can get the blueprints for the bus?
Old 08-29-2020, 03:26 PM   #4

Am I looking for wiring diagram of one of these?