Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-31-2022, 06:42 PM   #1
Almost There

Year: 1999
Chassis: MVP RE
Engine: 5.9 Cummins
Buzzer Won't Shut Off

Ok guys I have a new problem for my new bus. Its a 2007 I/C RE300. I was going to move the bus in order to mow. Started it up, air system filled and blew off, but the emergency door buzzer (I think) won't shut off. I have manually depressed/released the door switch many times. Also the emergency windows. I have 5 or 6 of them and the big one the very back. I guess any one of those switches could be bad. Are they a n/o or n/c switch? What else could be on that circuit that would cause the buzzer to activate? I have not been doing any demo lately because of the heat and then it was some seats and about 4 ft. of floor covering. Any ideas?

budbud7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2022, 07:25 PM   #2
Bus Crazy

Chassis: Amtran / International
Engine: DT466E HT 250HP - Md3060
Quote:
Originally Posted by budbud7 View Post
Ok guys I have a new problem for my new bus. Its a 2007 I/C RE300. I was going to move the bus in order to mow. Started it up, air system filled and blew off, but the emergency door buzzer (I think) won't shut off. I have manually depressed/released the door switch many times. Also the emergency windows. I have 5 or 6 of them and the big one the very back. I guess any one of those switches could be bad. Are they a n/o or n/c switch? What else could be on that circuit that would cause the buzzer to activate? I have not been doing any demo lately because of the heat and then it was some seats and about 4 ft. of floor covering. Any ideas?
When the doors open the switch goes to ground causing the buzzer to go off.
check to see if you have a pinched wire somewhere.

Lots of Amtran wiring diagrams, 2 locations, (links -->) #1 & #2
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 04 - (July 2007) Wiring Diagrams (S08334).pdf (1.24 MB, 5 views)
ewo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2022, 07:58 PM   #3
Bus Nut

Year: 1998
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: TC/2000
Engine: 5.9 Cummins 12-valve
Rated Cap: 1
Quote:
Check roof emergency exit. If you opened one for ventilation, it may have a sensor and is not closed.
BamaBus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2022, 10:23 PM   #4
Bus Nut

Year: 1976
Coachwork: bluebird
Chassis: F33695
Engine: 427 chevy converted to 466
Rated Cap: 84
is that the same buzzer for everything? If so I have to replace my low air pressure buzzer every year or so because of moisture collecting in it and shorting it out, your problem?
sportyrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2022, 09:23 AM   #5
Almost There

Wow! Thanks ew01 for this treasure chest of information. I will review this information and start searching for a bad wire or switch at the location. BamaBus also stated the emergency roof hatch could be a problem. It hadn't crossed my mind that those doors could be on that circuit. I have opened only one of them some time back. I have some direction and I need some time, perhaps the weekend. I'll let ya'll know when I find something.
Old 09-01-2022, 04:39 PM   #6
Bus Crazy

Chassis: Amtran / International
Engine: DT466E HT 250HP - Md3060
Quote:
Wow! Thanks ew01 for this treasure chest of information. I will review this information and start searching for a bad wire or switch at the location. BamaBus also stated the emergency roof hatch could be a problem. It hadn't crossed my mind that those doors could be on that circuit. I have opened only one of them some time back. I have some direction and I need some time, perhaps the weekend. I'll let ya'll know when I find something.
Take a look at the wires for either the roof vent or door latch. The wires on an International are color coded and numbered. The number will help you locate it on the circuit diagram.

Take a look at both and see if they are the same color and same number.
If you removed and replaced any of these wires could very well be that it is installed in the wrong place or making contact with the bus body if it is hanging loose.

Take a look at the door that you mentioned you messed with earlier, could it be that maybe that wire is touching ground/bus body?

I have all mine disconnected at the switch itself which means...no buzzer ever!
ewo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2022, 11:15 AM   #7
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1994
Chassis: 3600
Engine: dt408
I have a 1994 international Thomas Vista and I have the same problem, how do cut it off for good? I don't know to unplug or cut a wrong wire!
BrandinoBeatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2022, 09:14 AM   #8
Almost There

Great Grandchild

In a couple of hours, i will have my 1st great grandchild. A girl. I haven't worked on the International much at all lately. I decided to take a short cut and just remove all of the window/door switches and both of the buzzers. Then I realized it would better to remove the fuse so that no bad wire was left in the chassis. I could not locate it but, that will be on my list of things to do.

Off the subject, I now need to find another location for my Thomas bus. The authorities are hounding me about keeping the right of way clear. I have observed many posters on this forum having issues with parking spaces for their skoolie. Especially during the conversion. Perhaps by Thursday I will have another location.