Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-24-2021, 11:15 AM   #1
Bus Nut

Year: 2007
Coachwork: ICCORP
Chassis: CE300
Engine: DT466
Rated Cap: 16
CAN bus button swap

I have a 2007 INTL CE300 - with a CAN bus obviously. Issue at hand, the steering wheel buttons are for the flashers and door. I have relocated the door button by tapping into the leads for the motor. I have disconnected the steering wheel buttons as every time they would be depressed, I would have to go through the NCLOB procedure and since I removed the switches for the doors long ago, the bus would go into alarm mode.

I also have cruise control on the dash.

These switches are not dumb switches and have ICs on them.

I bought replacement steering wheel switches for cruise control and thought that because CAN bus... well I was hoping that the data network would have identifiers on the switches and just work.

The question I have is what is the best way to get the -new- switches on the steering wheel to work with the cruise control and remove the old cruise control switch bank all together.

Would splicing actually work or is it really a data network with protocol? If the later, why wouldn't my new cruise control buttons work instead of still controlling the flashers?

Is there a method to program the BCU instead to switch locations?

Thanks...

Old 05-24-2021, 03:20 PM   #2
Bus Geek

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: DTA360 / MT643
Rated Cap: 7 Row Handicap
they are multiPLEX I dont remember them being CAN, the switches produce a set resistance on a set of wires which the computer recognize as a function.. you need Diamond Logic Builder (not the fleet edition but higher level)to Program the functions and locations of the Multiplex switches..
cadillackid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2021, 04:34 PM   #3
Bus Nut

Year: 2007
Coachwork: ICCORP
Chassis: CE300
Engine: DT466
Rated Cap: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by cadillackid View Post
they are multiPLEX I dont remember them being CAN, the switches produce a set resistance on a set of wires which the computer recognize as a function.. you need Diamond Logic Builder (not the fleet edition but higher level)to Program the functions and locations of the Multiplex switches..
Thanks CK - would you happen to have more specific info? The only shop in the area that is even willing to work on it doesn't know much about DLB and they usually give me the laptop to plug in and poke around - I haven't seen any settings to change these. Perhaps a version number or module I can inquire about?