Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-13-2021, 12:38 PM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Engine: 24-Valve 5.9 Cummins
Rated Cap: 67
Cleaning up some wiring remnants...

Hi all -

I’m working on a ‘99 blue bird TC2000 conversion. I’m wanting to clean up some of the wiring a little, so looking for some advice on what I can get rid of that is no longer functioning before I start pulling things out and regretting it! Ha ha.

Can this component go along with all the associated wires? Thanks for any advice!

I’ve already removed all safety alarms and switches without any issue. The stop arm and caution lights were all disconnected before I bought it. I assume this component was long disconnected and is not functional, but just left behind.
Attached Thumbnails
202F36A7-DF63-4DDD-859C-EF3A2B878006.jpg  

OldWillys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2021, 03:20 PM   #2
Bus Crazy

Coachwork: BlueBird
Chassis: TC1000 HandyBus
Engine: 5.9L 24V-L6 Cummins ISB
Rated Cap: 26 foot
It can go. I kept mine with the wires that lead to the child safety flashers still connected, so I can keep track of what wire goes where. I deleted the actual lights, and of course deleted the power feed into the unit shown, but if I ever want to add spotlights for camping in the back, or off-road high-beams in front, I know what wire is what, at least in that electrical panel. Too bad the front and rear lights are fed from the same wire at that unit. That would make it all much easier to add features.

If you haven't already found out, you can't get the wiring diagrams for the 1999 through the Bluebird Vantage portal with your VIN. (I could not at least)

These guys have it for a later model All American, and I think it is similar if not the same:

https://www.centralstatesbus.com/2003_bbaa/a3mtocs

BlueBird Vantage portal:

https://vantage.blue-bird.com/Portal/Vantage-Home.aspx
Old 05-13-2021, 04:32 PM   #3
Mini-Skoolie

Coachwork: Blue Bird
Engine: 24-Valve 5.9 Cummins
Rated Cap: 67
Hey, thanks a lot for the resource material! That will be very helpful. I did notice that I couldn’t look up my VIN. Shame. I don’t like guessing!! Ha ha.

Thanks a lot for the info and your thoughts on this. I’m working on connecting a WFCO power station, and before I get too far, I want to get rid of what is just taking up space with no value at all. It’s a bit of a nest in there!!
OldWillys is offline   Reply With Quote