Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-15-2019, 09:23 PM   #1

Complete rewire diagram (110 and 12 Volt)

A little preface...
We bought a 2002 Fleetwood Wilderness Lite 20N travel trailer for extremely cheap, because it had been in a fire. The structure itself was repaired and is sound, after some slight modifications. During this demo and rebuild I became aware how just how bad the electrical system had been rewired so I decided to rip it all the way out and start from scratch. And now here we are.
I want the system to have both 12v DC and 110v AC, running off a battery bank, shore power, and eventually solar. Through my research I believe that I have come up with a list of equipment and a basic understanding of why we need it and how it works, although i get a little unsure as to the wiring because I have yet to find a source that goes all the way through both systems and how they interact from start to finish. I have come up with this wire map as a way to try to make sense of it all, but definitely need some help. please have a look and tell me what you think.
Attached Thumbnails
ELECTRICAL.JPG  

wildernessduo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 10:28 AM   #2
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1955
Coachwork: Chevy
Chassis: 6700
Engine: 327
Yep, looks good, that should work! As far as the diagram, the arrows should go the other way between transfer switch and inverter, and arrows going both ways between battery and converter charger.
Bluesky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 09:40 PM   #3

Awesome, thanks so much for checking it out!

One more thing. On my transfer switch, I have wires labeled "panel," "shore," and "generator." How do I wire the inverter and converter into the transfer switch? I think I should wire the inverter into the generator port. But don't know about the converter. Does that make sense?
wildernessduo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2019, 05:25 PM   #4
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1955
Coachwork: Chevy
Chassis: 6700
Engine: 327
You might connect the Inverter into the generator port of the transfer switch, yes if it’s a manual switch that you change by hand. If it’s an automatic switch that flips when it senses input-you’ll have to check to see if that will work. The converter/charger will connect to the MPPT charge controller at the battery those two chargers play nice together as I understand it. A/C to the charger /controller will only be supplied by shore power, so that gets connected to shore power before the transfer switch. When not on shore power, the batteries will charge from solar and provide 12vdc through the converter/charger(secondary side) to the panel while the converter/charger(primary side) will be off.
Bluesky is offline   Reply With Quote