Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-29-2020, 06:47 PM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1994
Coachwork: International
Chassis: Thomas Vista
Engine: T444E
Dash help for '94 International 3600.

Hello, everyone.

Apologies in advance for the long post, but I need some help fixing my bus.

Earlier this year, I posted a thread asking for ways to fix the original dash for my 1994 Thomas Vista International 3600 bus.

After a few attempts at re-soldering the board connections on the dash, nothing seemed to help. Last month, I contacted A-Parts Warehouse and inquired about locating a replacement dash cluster for this particular (hydraulic) bus model.

I received the replacement dash, and have already installed it. Now, when I turn on the bus, the gauges do their sweep during the initial "warm up/wait to start" phase and again when I crank the engine.

However, once the needles go back down to zero, the RPM stays at zero, even with the bus running. Haven't tried going back on the road yet since replacing the dash, so unsure if the MPH gauge works.

Even still, the replacement dash is doing more than the old one did when I started this bus up (🙂). I was told the replacement dash would not have to be recalibrated, so I just set the dip switches to the same positions indicated on the old dash.

I'm a bit of a newbie when it comes to working on diesel vehicles, but i'm wondering if there are any sensors, or anything else I can check/trace? I've looked on the web, but I can't seem to find anything specific on cluster sensors on the International 3600 bus model.

Thanks.

freppon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2020, 08:18 PM   #2
Bus Nut

Year: 1998
Coachwork: myself
Chassis: amtran
Engine: international dt466e allison md 3060
Rated Cap: 13 ton or so says the tit
I went through all that. I got a bluefire. It plugs into the data port and bluetooths. All of the sensors and such to a laptop. Instant digital dash. It even tells you what the codes mean from the ecu.
That a parts guy is a.....
Dead pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2020, 09:12 PM   #3
Mini-Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead pirate View Post
I went through all that. I got a bluefire. It plugs into the data port and bluetooths. All of the sensors and such to a laptop. Instant digital dash. It even tells you what the codes mean from the ecu.
That a parts guy is a.....
That was one option I looked into, too. I contacted Bluefire to inquire about that adapter, but my bus may be too early for that. They explained the where I can hook the adapter to the bus, but I can't find it on mine. I have an early 1994, but it appears that these ports were first used towards the end of '94 - early '95.

Just out of curiosity, where did you find that port on your International? Maybe I'm not looking in the right place.

Thanks.
Old 12-29-2020, 09:15 PM   #4
Bus Nut

Year: 1998
Coachwork: myself
Chassis: amtran
Engine: international dt466e allison md 3060
Rated Cap: 13 ton or so says the tit
The vim. I have a re so in the back.
Fuse, relay box that powers the ecm.
Dead pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2020, 04:47 AM   #5
Bus Geek

Year: 2003
Chassis: CE 300
Engine: DT466e
Rated Cap: 65C-43A
Quote:
Originally Posted by freppon View Post
Just out of curiosity, where did you find that port on your International? Maybe I'm not looking in the right place.
Mine is on the underside of the dashboard, below the gear shifter and cruise control buttons on the right (mine was built in 2002 so probably not the same as yours). Really impossible to miss but somehow I missed it for a year and a half.
Old 12-30-2020, 06:10 AM   #6
Bus Nut

Year: 1995
Coachwork: AMTRAM
Chassis: INT
Engine: DT466
Rated Cap: Big Girl
I have the factory manuals for a 94 IC, take a look at this section of the book, "Electrical Instruments" and it gives you everything you need to know about the dashboard!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1jdD...ew?usp=sharing
bigskypc50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2020, 10:09 AM   #7
Mini-Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigskypc50 View Post
I have the factory manuals for a 94 IC, take a look at this section of the book, "Electrical Instruments" and it gives you everything you need to know about the dashboard!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1jdD...ew?usp=sharing
Thank you so much. This is what I have been looking for. 🙂