I'm not experienced with electrical systems at all... but that's what my skoolie build is all about, learning! I'm a bit of a tech geek and I don't plan on installing a propane system of any kind, so my solar setup is fairly beefy from what I've seen on other short bus skoolie's.
For now, this layout is just to make sure I'm not missing any components and that I'm understanding how everything works and goes together. Next step will be detailing the wiring. Any and all suggestions or comments are appreciated! I've been reading a ton, but a lot more to learn.
1) 6 x 100W Solar Panels - 600W Total
2) Small Breaker Box - 1 breaker between panels/controller, 1 breaker between controller/battery bank
3) Victron MPPT Charge Controller 100V / 50A
4) 4 x Trojan T105 AGM 6V 225ah (900ah total) (wired to 12v)
5) Victron BMV-702 Battery Monitor / Shunt
6) Victron Multiplus 12V/3000W Inverter / Charger
7) Victron Color Control Monitor
7) 110V AC Breaker Box
110V AC Outlets for Appliances
9) 12V Fuse Block for 12V Appliances
10) 50A Power Inlet for Shore Power
Accidentally labeled 7) twice, but you get the idea...
I really love the Victron functionality and hardware from everything I've read so far. The ability to combine solar/battery/shore power is awesome. And the control monitor is really slick looking.