Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-04-2021, 06:28 PM   #1

Year: 2003
Electrical Deletion Mishap

Electrical Demo today. I was doing so well. I was following each wire and removing it. Starting the bus after. Continuing to do so until I got too cocky and removed a bunch at once. I decided oh crap, let me make sure everything is still working. Went to start the bus and nothing. I tried to revert back a couple of wires but still nothing. The gas pump turns on but the engine doesn't even try to crank. And unfortunately, my pictures pre-demo on the panel came out too blurry :frowning: I have a 2003 Chevy Mid-Bus 6.0L. I'm assuming it has to do with the rear door sensor or some pre-cautionary sensor but it doesn't beep or anything. Any help? Here are a couple of picks of the panel, have not finished the demo.

Thank you!
Attached Thumbnails
20210504_145951.jpg   20210504_145945.jpg   test.jpg  

bleucube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021, 09:39 PM   #2
Bus Nut

Year: 2002
Coachwork: Amtran
Chassis: Front Engine
Engine: DT466E
Rated Cap: 72
Surprised there are no responses.

This is a common issue. Look into grounding the starter interlock solenoid so you don’t have to fix the wires. There should be enough videos and posts around someplace to help you figure it out. Usually just a wire from one terminal of the solenoid to ground nearby.
rffffffff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 09:22 AM   #3

Year: 2003
Thank you so much! This is perfect, now I know what to research. Appreciate the help!
bleucube is offline   Reply With Quote