Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-13-2022, 02:41 PM   #1
Bus Crazy

Year: 1954
Coachwork: wayne
Chassis: old f500- new 2005 f-450
Engine: cummins 12 valve
Rated Cap: 20? five rows of 4?
Feel good story

I have known this skoolie person for a couple of years now. I found out last night she was not getting power from the inverter she has to the wall outlets.

She did have power using shore power.

We reviewed via text message how to set the analog volt/ohm meter.

Used pictures she sent via text message to point out testing points.

She sent me the wiring instructions of the inverter. I asked her to do this so that I understood what I was looking at in the pictures.

She tested some wiring points. The removed an access cover from her transfer switch. Tested some other wires.

She set up a plan to continue testing - She/we had narrowed the power failure to a very narrow point/area of failure.

I went for a morning swim with the grandkids. While I did this, she found the failure point. A bad crimp connector between the inverter and the automatic transfer switch. I am hoping to get the connector in my hands along with the last inch of wire. I want to see if this failed because of vibration or some other reason.

It always feels good to be able to help with repairs over the phone/computer. I always feel a little defeated when this does not work out.

So far a win/loss of about eight out of ten. And the two failures we still were able to narrow down failures to pretty narrow choices and that made for shorter repair times.

william

magnakansas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2022, 04:11 PM   #2
Bus Nut

Year: 2003
Coachwork: BlueBird
Chassis: TC2000 28ft
Engine: Cummins ISB 5.9 24v, MD3060
Rated Cap: 14
We all appreciate your one on one with people William. Never seen that in another online forum like this one!
fo4imtippin is online now   Reply With Quote