Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-23-2019, 01:40 PM   #1
Bus Geek

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Genesis
Chassis: International
Engine: DT466/3060
Rated Cap: 77
Flasher Module

Can I assume if all 8 lights are being repurposed for brake and back up lights, that this complete unit and all associated wiring can be removed, or some wire repurposed?
Attached Thumbnails
20190323_134413.jpg  

o1marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 03:45 PM   #2
Bus Crazy

Year: 1990
Coachwork: Thomas 4 window w/lift
Chassis: G30~Chevy cutaway
Engine: 5.7/350 Chevy Vortec
Rated Cap: Just me and my "stuff"?
Can't help you, but there are likely many feet of "useless" wiring in a converted Skoolie.
Would be interested in how this works out...Subscribed!
peteg59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 04:49 PM   #3
Bus Nut

Year: 1997
Coachwork: International
Chassis: Vista 3600
Engine: DT466E / AT545
Rated Cap: 72
Okay, so take this with a grain of salt, but yes. I have the same flasher (7000 sreies) and I have yet to remove it, but I have disconnected it completely with the only symptom is the stop sign/buttwacker lights on the console no longer working (which you'll likely be removing this anyways).

I highly recommend taking the anode and ground off the box and check everything, make sure it still cranks and you didn't mess up an interlock. I don't think these are tied into the interlock (if your bus has one) but hey, better to be safe.

Once you do that and all works, everything else can be removed from the box, and then follow the wires and remove them (or repurpose them).

Now, the reason I say take this lightly is that while your unit is a Weldon 7000 as is mine, your looks different then mine. Mine is skinnier and a bit longer IIRC.
geminusprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 04:54 PM   #4
Bus Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by geminusprime View Post
Okay, so take this with a grain of salt, but yes. I have the same flasher (7000 sreies) and I have yet to remove it, but I have disconnected it completely with the only symptom is the stop sign/buttwacker lights on the console no longer working (which you'll likely be removing this anyways).

I highly recommend taking the anode and ground off the box and check everything, make sure it still cranks and you didn't mess up an interlock. I don't think these are tied into the interlock (if your bus has one) but hey, better to be safe.

Once you do that and all works, everything else can be removed from the box, and then follow the wires and remove them (or repurpose them).

Now, the reason I say take this lightly is that while your unit is a Weldon 7000 as is mine, your looks different then mine. Mine is skinnier and a bit longer IIRC.
Fortunately the Genesis used a wiring harness that every wire is individually numbered, so following them isn't necessary. Need to remove number 117, look in the back for that number.done. I can reuse all the full length wires to the rear by splicing in at the front switches for the new purpose, should be able to repurpose the switches also. I'll go unhook the ground and see if it still cranks.
Old 03-23-2019, 06:23 PM   #5
Bus Geek

Electrical work is not my forte, but this Genesis made it easy. The flasher box says wire #6 is red right, #25 is amber right, #8 is red left, #24 is amber left. Go to the connector in the rear of the bus and there are all the numbers.
Unplugged the ground and no change to it turning over.
Attached Thumbnails
20190323_185018.jpg   20190323_185111.jpg