Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-19-2018, 09:53 PM   #21
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 2007
Chassis: bluebird visin 2006
Engine: cat C7
hi tomorrow im tiull 8 on the bus

cloud7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 03:46 PM   #22
Skoolie

Year: 2005
Chassis: School bus
Engine: Cummins
Just run a toggle switch with an aux power to the selinoide relay that operates the lift it's easy just trace wires from the lift under the chassis
Doe69936 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 04:17 PM   #23

there is usually a signal wire from the ignition to the lift it actuates a solenoid in the lift to allow ity to run off it's main power leads you can find that and power it from a fused switch from what power you want to run the lift off.
terzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 04:23 PM   #24

Year: 1997
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Safe-t-Liner
Engine: Catepillar
Rated Cap: 78 students
www.AISinsurance.com/service liability only but affordable
Thomas97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 09:41 AM   #25
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 2007
Chassis: bluebird visin 2006
Engine: cat C7
thanks for the information but i still searching for the wire connection from the ignition and i am not stupid ther are just 3 cables no else
cloud7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 12:02 PM   #26

Year: 1997
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Safe-t-Liner
Engine: Catepillar
Rated Cap: 78 students
hope this helps

I have a skoolie and I installed a lift. I've also worked on commercial buses with lifts. Some info you received is spot on. Three wires from the ignition, one is power to the key (ignition), two is power from the key after the key is turned on(ACC). The third is power to the starter solenoid after the key is turned further. Back to the 2nd wire (ACC) this wire runs everything including the lift. The branch of ACC that goes to the lift has 2 maybe 3 and maybe even 4 interlock relays. For the relays to allow the current through them, they each must complete a task (i.e. the brake is on or in neutral or the flashers are on, etc). Each and every relay can be bypassed by completing the needed circuit to the controls at or near the lift. Your first challenge is to decide if the controls need power to them to work or ground to them to work. Please remember if you take power from the large positive wire, it will probably have a large amperage circuit breaker or fuse(like 90 amps). The small wires to the controls you should protect by a small inline fuse (say 10 amps). Good luck.
Thomas97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2019, 09:44 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas97 View Post
I have a skoolie and I installed a lift. I've also worked on commercial buses with lifts. Some info you received is spot on. Three wires from the ignition, one is power to the key (ignition), two is power from the key after the key is turned on(ACC). The third is power to the starter solenoid after the key is turned further. Back to the 2nd wire (ACC) this wire runs everything including the lift. The branch of ACC that goes to the lift has 2 maybe 3 and maybe even 4 interlock relays. For the relays to allow the current through them, they each must complete a task (i.e. the brake is on or in neutral or the flashers are on, etc)..
I’m having problems with the opposite of the IP, to preface I have a 2002 Thomas 3800 with a handicap side door and wheel lift.
I took the wheel lift out and I’m in the process of taking all of the unnecessary wiring out to include all the switches/wires for the handicap door and the emergency door.
Just like any other bus after I cut all the wires that I needed too my.l bus wouldn’t start. I bypassed the ignition interlock to the emergency door and she cranked right up. BUT I am unable to release the air brakes now due to what I suspect another interlock possibly having to do with the handicap door. Am I on the right path?
To add to my suspicion on the engine bay side of the fire wall where the hoses come off of the air brake release there is a solenoid on one of the hoses that I suspect may have something to do with my problem because I traced the electrical wire back to the fuse box and it goes to a cube relay.
smokinokie07 is offline   Reply With Quote