Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-15-2022, 05:49 PM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 2001
Coachwork: BlueBird
Chassis: All-American
Engine: 5.9 Cummins 24V
Rated Cap: 84
Heater wiring

Currently on the demo phase. My bus has 3 under-seat heaters on the left side, each with 2 fans. Prior to disconnecting everything I wanted to try and run them to see if they were salvageable or trash. Turned the heater master switch on (which disables the vent fans... weird), and turned on the 6 heater switches on the dash, but nothing turns on. The driver-seat heater doesn't come on either. The defrost fan works, but it's on a totally different switch.

Is there more to operating these things than the heater master switch and the fan switches on the dash? Also, why would there be 6 switches (3 marked FR and 3 marked RR)? One for each fan?

I checked for power at the fans, got nothing.

There's 2 10ga wires that run from each fan (12 total) up past the front left electrical panel but they disappear into the space between the dash and the front of the bus. They don't match the BB wiring diagrams (size & color), so I'm not sure if they were a later add or what the deal is.

Does anybody know where those wires end? I'd at least like to repurpose the 10ga wiring ($$).

FWIW, the key was ON but the engine was not running because I had coolant lines disconnected. Would that matter? How do you check an automatic resetting circuit breaker?

Sorry for the barrage of questions. I can take pics if necessary.

STS23 is offline   Reply With Quote