Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-23-2021, 09:30 AM   #41
Bus Nut

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: T/C 2000 28 foot Handy Bus
Engine: Cummins 5.9 Mechanical
Rated Cap: 2
SOC = state of charge.

Rivetboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2021, 06:01 PM   #42
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1997
Coachwork: GMC
Chassis: Bluebird 24'
Engine: 6.2 GMC Diesel
Rated Cap: 10,000
Read Will Prowse

Will Prowse, YouTube Mobile Solar genius has a book out “Mobile Solar Power Made Easy”. It’s on Amazon as a paperback and Kindle. All you will ever need to know. His web site gives a LOT on info for free.

Also, as one of your responders said, check fuse amps and wire gauge...but it’s really best to fully understand for safety down the road...
mymincave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2021, 11:40 PM   #43
Bus Nut

Bad inverter?

Don’t neglect The inverter being un
Cooperative. If there is a Gfci outlet I’d replace it due to their high failure rate.
Dirtdoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2021, 01:23 PM   #44
Bus Nut

Year: 2001
Coachwork: Thomas
Engine: Cummins ISC 260HP/660Q/MD3060 6spd
Rated Cap: 81
I have a 3000 watt inverter and had problems with the breaker tripping like yours is. I used a breaker that was 300 amps because it was cheaper than the 400 amp fuse the manufacturer suggested. At the time I would rather not buy new 400 amp fuses every time they blew. Anyway long story short I finally decided to buy the 400 amp fuse to replace the breaker and I haven’t had any problems since.

I think the breakers aren’t very accurate when they get up that high. If yours is a good brand like Blue Sea I would trust it but otherwise I would bet it’s the breaker.

Of course that was after double and triple checking all my connections and wires etc...

Edit: I just took a closer look at that breaker and I see the lugs are over sized for it. Your lugs have 3/8 holes and you probably want 1/4”. You can see it’s bigger than the terminal on the breaker; but that breaker won’t take the 1/4” lugs because they”re too big and won’t fit. I had that problem. Anyway I would look up the installation manual for that inverter and see what it suggests for a breaker or fuse in that location. I would bet that’s your issue.
Bon Voyage is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
appliances, electric issue, solar kit, troubleshooting