Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-02-2020, 09:23 AM   #21
Bus Crazy

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Amtran
Chassis: International RE
Engine: International T444e
Rated Cap: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock-N-Ruth View Post
This is not the same seller i bought from but it is the same manufacturer.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/8000W-LF-SP...AAAOSwF4Ney5Z3

Yay, a fellow PowerJacker.

Genetry Solar is about to release their control boards as an upgrade for any PJ inverter V7 and above. Among other things it will feature split phase charging, have higher efficiency and reliability than the PJ boards. PJ manufactured the boards and I'm pretty sure some form of them will make it into the line in future releases as among other things, three phase/multi inverter industrial-type capabilities is currently a priority for the company.

The control boards pair with the Genetry Solar WiFi boards for remote control, fan speed control and logging capabilities.

kazetsukai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2020, 09:54 AM   #22
Skoolie

Year: 2000
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: MVP/ER
Engine: Cat3126B 230hp
Rated Cap: 48
Kazetsukai: well I ordered the 4000W model and received a 5000W model which I don’t even see on their website? And of course no manual or instructions. Sent an email to them to see if they can send documentation. Looks like a good unit!
Mat7783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2020, 01:21 PM   #23
Bus Nut

Year: 2003
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: TC2000
Engine: Cummins 5.9 24v
Rated Cap: 54 passenger
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mat7783 View Post
Kazetsukai: well I ordered the 4000W model and received a 5000W model which I don’t even see on their website? And of course no manual or instructions. Sent an email to them to see if they can send documentation. Looks like a good unit!
What is it with manuals? I didn't get one for my inverter either. And the PDF he sent after doesn't match.
JDSquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2020, 02:30 PM   #24
Bus Nut

Year: 1996
Coachwork: Bluebird, Collins
Chassis: G30 Bluebird Microbird, E350 Shuttle Bus
Engine: 1995 Chevrolet 350, 1992 Ford 460
Does PJ make a 48 volt model? I have a 48 volt Lithium battery but no inverter.
Doktari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2020, 05:50 PM   #25
Bus Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doktari View Post
Does PJ make a 48 volt model? I have a 48 volt Lithium battery but no inverter.
8000W and up, 48V is offered.

I found it on Amazon, not ebay. Bought my 10.3 on ebay, this one looks like a 10.(4+)

https://www.amazon.com/8000W-Split-I...6407866&sr=8-4

DO NOT USE THE CHARGING FUNCTION WITH LITHIUM _unless_ it is a "drop in replacement" for AGM/Lead Acid batteries with an internal BMS. Lead acid voltages and charging curves are the assumption- EV Lithium/custom lithium banks will not charge correctly.

The Genetry Solar boards might expand the charging capabilities of these to include such battery banks (custom voltages), I know split phase charging was added. Slated for later this month currently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDSquared View Post
What is it with manuals? I didn't get one for my inverter either. And the PDF he sent after doesn't match.
Documentation is a weak spot for sure. They sent me no documentation with mine either, but the PDF did match.

Any specific questions should go to Sean @ Genetry Solar.

https://www.genetrysolar.com/contact
Old 08-02-2020, 07:51 PM   #26
Bus Nut

Year: 1996
Coachwork: Bluebird, Collins
Chassis: G30 Bluebird Microbird, E350 Shuttle Bus
Engine: 1995 Chevrolet 350, 1992 Ford 460
Thanks! Is the charging profile adjustable? No online manual? .
Doktari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2020, 08:10 PM   #27
Bus Crazy

Double post
Old 08-02-2020, 08:14 PM   #28
Bus Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doktari View Post
Thanks! Is the charging profile adjustable? No online manual? .
On mine there's a dial for the chemistry but not for lithium. Alarm and off voltages can be adjusted but AFAIK that doesn't apply to charging. I wouldn't risk charging lithium unless like mentioned they're drop in replacements for lead acid designed to adapt to those charge curves. Even then I'd be hesitant, knowing what I know, coming from a background of used EV batteries. Just stick to discharge.

The Genetry boards, I don't know if charge is adjustable. We'll see when they're released how that's affected. All I know is that split phase charging should be possible.
Old 08-09-2020, 08:54 PM   #29
Bus Nut

Year: 1998
Coachwork: International
Chassis: Amtrans
Engine: 444E
Rated Cap: 84 pas
Just bought a second power jack inverter. Still a big fan but found a quality control issue that didn't exist in the older ones.
In my older PJ inverter the big coil is contained in a big metal ring that is bolted to the case. This prevents the coil from moving around inside the case. Which if not secured could cause big trouble in a moving vehicle.
Doing this post from my cell phone so I'll make it brief and follow up with a better post including pictures later.
I made a few very inexpensive and simple mods, then shook the heck out of it and even dropped it twice (not on purpose) to test the durability. It is good to go.
The power jack inverters are real full size work horses for a fraction of the price of name brands like magnum.
Just a good idea to put a little time into ruggedization for the spoolie application.
Rock-N-Ruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2020, 09:27 PM   #30
Bus Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock-N-Ruth View Post
The power jack inverters are real full size work horses for a fraction of the price of name brands like magnum.
Of the three I bought, only one was DOA, likely due to the big transformer rocking around in the case during transit. I was sent a replacement that worked well for the shorty. The only other quality control issue I've seen was with the L1/L2 being off by about 7 volts, which they've fixed already for the entire line.

When the Genetry Solar inverters hit (PJ parts, Genetry software/control boards), those are going to do close to their rating continuous (PJ does about half their rating continuous), be less noisy, be more reliable and have better all-around capabilities.