Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-31-2023, 09:15 AM   #1
Bus Crazy

Year: 1974
Coachwork: Crown
Chassis: "Atomic"
Engine: DD 8V71
I did a "test meters" 101 video with a giveaway...

Hi gang,

I don't link to every video that I do...that would be annoying. But this video includes a giveaway of 3 multimeters and I'd like for you all to be eligible. Make any comment at all...the weather, I'm annoying after all, whatever...on the video and that will give you a chance to be randomly picked.

These are cheap meters. They're only $10 each on Amazon. But I was impressed with what they do (and how they do it), so I would certainly recommend them to new bus owners.

If you want to buy one, they're here: https://amzn.to/40jFH3R and you can use the coupon code UD3ZYIYB to get 10% off the already pretty darn cheap price.

https://youtu.be/bvRoHuYrV8Y

rossvtaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2023, 05:25 PM   #2
Bus Nut

Year: 1990
Chassis: Crown Supercoach
Engine: Detroit 6-71TA, 10 sp.
Rated Cap: 90 (40')
Thanks Ross, that was another good video. I've been missing them lately! Didn't leave a comment because I don't need another meter, but I hope the freebies go to good homes. Awfully nice of you to share knowledge AND tools with the community.
Tejon7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2023, 08:02 PM   #3
Bus Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejon7 View Post
Thanks Ross, that was another good video. I've been missing them lately! Didn't leave a comment because I don't need another meter, but I hope the freebies go to good homes. Awfully nice of you to share knowledge AND tools with the community.
Thanks, my friend! I'm uploading the Load Pro video right now. No giveaway on that...but it's a really valuable addition to my meter and it's helped me find some faults that I would have otherwise missed. It's worth looking into, if you haven't discovered it yet.
Old 02-01-2023, 07:05 AM   #4
Bus Geek

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: DTA360 / MT643
Rated Cap: 7 Row Handicap
even a cheap meter is better than no meter... when I drive my electronic-engine bus the one tool I make sure I always have is the meter.. while ive never had an electronic failure on the road.. the meter would be invaluable..

my last trip I did have low beam headlight failure and before I did anything I tested for voltage at the plug... so much easier than assuming the bulbs went bad ... turns out i had a connector come partially unplugged under the hood.. but the meter showing voltage on one side and not the other lead me right to where I clicked it back together and good to go.. without the meter I would have been sunk or wasting a ton of time..

in most cases the meter doesnt have to be super accurate.. just knowing if you have any voltage or a short or any resistance is good enough to track down a broken wire..

accuracy really only comes into play if you are tracking down a computer issue with random failures where you need to measure resistance of sensors and such...

I carry a good professional meter for that reason but generally speaking most any meter works for 98% of what people are working on in busses.. even the "oops I cut a wire and wont start" issues..
cadillackid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2023, 07:28 AM   #5
Bus Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadillackid View Post
in most cases the meter doesn't have to be super accurate.. just knowing if you have any voltage or a short or any resistance is good enough to track down a broken wire..
Agreed, Christopher! I will say that the Load Pro leads have been a great addition to my primary meter. I've used them for about 3 years now and I'm impressed with how well they help me find issues...especially those pesky resistance problems.

https://youtu.be/k34fPKeO0LM