Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-29-2020, 07:29 PM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

Multi-function gauge issues

1998-99 Bluebird TC2000.

My multifunction gauge is whacky. At times it wont let me off the fuel level gauge. It will beep and switch to temp, and immediately switch back to fuel level, over and over. Sometimes turning the headlights on will remedy it for a bit, but with the headlights on it likes to default to the battery charge gauge, which seems to be about 11v, even though I measure 13.8v at the batteries with it running, and 12.5 not. Using my blinkers or hazards will cause it to switch between gauges in time with the blinking and dam that beeping is annoying. The dimmer switch also messes with it. I tried getting inside the dash to look around but that just seemed like it would turn into a nightmare disconnecting the air pressure gauge and whatnots to finally get behind the instrument panel, but I did find my fuse box in the process. Been wondering where that guy was and all the fuses are good. I wire brushed all my battery connections and any grounds in the electrical panel on the side. My only guess is that I have spider living in my instrument panel weeving webs of chaos because I keep finding those cute jumping spiders everywhere and now Ive relocated them from Idaho to Texas.

Kota Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 09:58 PM   #2
Bus Crazy

Year: 1998
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: TC2000, 40' MPV
Engine: 5.9 Cummins/B300 trans
Rated Cap: U/K
Check the ground of the gauge itself, make sure it's clean and tight. It sounds like you have a loose connection somewhere and it's causing erratic operation. Get it to accurately read voltage and go from there, that's a value you can verify with a meter
Rwnielsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 09:58 PM   #3
Traveling

Year: None
Coachwork: None
Chassis: None
Engine: None
Rated Cap: None
Common problem. Some have replaced with an Android tablet and a Bluetooth device connected to the diagnostic link.
CHEESE_WAGON is offline   Reply With Quote