Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-14-2018, 08:47 AM   #1
Almost There

Year: 1999
Chassis: MVP RE
Engine: 5.9 Cummins
Need Headlight Wiring Circuit

I'm working on my headlights and have 3 objectives to complete this project.
1. I need to try to align my current head lights for better visibility. After alignment I might upgrade to LED headlights if I'm happy with the output.

2. I'm looking to replace my Headlight switch because the built in dimmer is bad. I have a couple of headlight switches on hand but they are not the same. Some without the built in dimmer. I want to use what I have without ordering OEM.

3. All of my dash and instrument lights went out while I was removing wiring that was associated with the 8 way flasher system and the spare wiring. I guess I unplugged the wrong wire. But then it could be that the dimmer just went totally out.

If anyone on here has access to a wiring diagram for the headlight switch please share that info with me. On my bus there is a digram on the access panel door but that don't help with the headlight switch. My bus is a 1999 Thomas RE. Thanks.

budbud7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 01:09 AM   #2
Almost There

Year: 1999
Chassis: MVP RE
Engine: 5.9 Cummins
I removed some more spare wiring from my access panel today. Was able to trace a red w/black tracer wire from the headlight switch to a relay. Still lost. The Google route didn't produce any useful information. Hopefully someone will chime in with tons of info.
budbud7 is offline   Reply With Quote