Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 10-28-2021, 02:34 AM   #1
New Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2021
Posts: 4
Need help with rear lights

Hello!! We have a 1998 International AmTran. We discovered that all the lights on the rear of the bus do not function. During investigation above drivers side, noticed some connectors that go to the rear lights that were not plugged in and seem to be missing a part and we donít know what it is. Does anyone have pictures or know where these wires connect to? See picture below.
Sorry they are sideways pics- not sure how to change that.
Thank you!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 995AA733-9DA0-4947-872D-4A082026FD44.jpg (204.9 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg B6D085D0-EE25-43FE-957A-719DEFFA06F5.jpg (166.3 KB, 4 views)

holistichomegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2021, 03:01 AM   #2
Bus Crazy
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: Fraser Valley British Columbia
Posts: 1,028
Year: 2007
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freightliner
Engine: C7 Cat
BE713096-732C-4FC0-AFAD-E3A3F28D7862.jpegIt looks like your light monitor system has been removed. Did you remove it?
All the wires to the rear of the bus tie in to that system to show you what lights are working or not, if that system is removed those circuits must be traced and tied together for continuity.
Oscar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2021, 09:53 AM   #3
Bus Nut
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Miami, Fl.
Posts: 678
Year: 1999
Chassis: Amtran / International
Engine: DT466E HT 250HP - Md3060
Quote:
Originally Posted by holistichomegirl View Post
Hello!! We have a 1998 International AmTran. We discovered that all the lights on the rear of the bus do not function. During investigation above drivers side, noticed some connectors that go to the rear lights that were not plugged in and seem to be missing a part and we donít know what it is. Does anyone have pictures or know where these wires connect to? See picture below.
Sorry they are sideways pics- not sure how to change that.
Thank you!!
I posted wiring diagrams here in this thread

-> https://www.skoolie.net/forums/f49/a...ams-25055.html

Your bus should have numbers printed on the wires.
You will find in these diagrams exactly what those numbers correspond to as well as the connector locations of the entire bus harness.

Have fun and good luck!
ewo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2021, 03:36 PM   #4
Bus Geek
 
o1marc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Dawsonville, Ga.
Posts: 10,422
Year: 1999
Coachwork: Genesis
Chassis: International
Engine: DT466/3060
Rated Cap: 77
There should be a wiring diagram on the door of the fuse panel below the drivers window. Here is the one on my 99 AmTran.

__________________
I Thank God That He Gifted Me with Common Sense
o1marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2021, 12:41 PM   #5
New Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2021
Posts: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscar1 View Post
Attachment 62088It looks like your light monitor system has been removed. Did you remove it?
All the wires to the rear of the bus tie in to that system to show you what lights are working or not, if that system is removed those circuits must be traced and tied together for continuity.
Thank you!! This looks like what may be missing. We aren’t sure why this was removed- however we were told that some school districts remove parts prior to sale at an auction to make the bus unusable as a school bus anymore.
holistichomegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2021, 12:42 PM   #6
New Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2021
Posts: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by o1marc View Post
There should be a wiring diagram on the door of the fuse panel below the drivers window. Here is the one on my 99 AmTran.

There is not a wiring diagram on the inside of that door on our bus unfortunately.
holistichomegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2021, 12:46 PM   #7
New Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2021
Posts: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by ewo1 View Post
I posted wiring diagrams here in this thread

-> https://www.skoolie.net/forums/f49/a...ams-25055.html

Your bus should have numbers printed on the wires.
You will find in these diagrams exactly what those numbers correspond to as well as the connector locations of the entire bus harness.

Have fun and good luck!
Thank you!! I printed all these and put them in a binder!! Thank you for your help!!
holistichomegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2021, 09:15 PM   #8
New Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2021
Posts: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by holistichomegirl View Post
Hello!! We have a 1998 International AmTran. We discovered that all the lights on the rear of the bus do not function. During investigation above drivers side, noticed some connectors that go to the rear lights that were not plugged in and seem to be missing a part and we donít know what it is. Does anyone have pictures or know where these wires connect to? See picture below.
Sorry they are sideways pics- not sure how to change that.
Thank you!!
We have a 01 blue bird and are having the same issues with rewiring or reattaching the exterior light monitor
Pathankins is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:45 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.