Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-29-2023, 11:45 PM   #1
Bus Nut

Year: 2002
Coachwork: Blue-Bird All American RE
Chassis: F204270
Engine: Cummins 8.3 ISC
Part number for a replacement LED flasher please

I have the tyco VTF-1411
Attached Thumbnails
48E774DE-8A5D-46B3-8439-3BBF6CF5059C_1_102_o.jpg  

jfmusic@me.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2023, 01:12 AM   #2
Bus Nut

Year: 1995
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: T444E
Rated Cap: 29
Gonna need to show us the bottom with pins, and any other sides with numbers.

The part number doesn't really come up anywhere I can find, so we'll need to find you a suitable replacement. Show us good pics of the pins underside. Also do you use LED's or older bulbs?
nikitis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2023, 01:52 AM   #3
Bus Nut

The unit has

3 pins on the under side
Old 11-30-2023, 04:01 PM   #4
Bus Geek

Year: 86
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Ford B700
Engine: 8.2
Rated Cap: 60 bodies
my local truck supplier is cross referencing it as a Novita ET-34 heavy duty relay for LED.
Jolly Roger bus 223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2023, 12:10 AM   #5
Bus Nut

thank you so much...
Old 12-01-2023, 10:24 PM   #6
Bus Nut

Year: 1989
Coachwork: Crown Coach
Chassis: 40ft 3-axle 10spd O/D, Factory A/C
Engine: 300hp Cummins 855
Rated Cap: 91
FYI. You may find as I did that the so called LED flashers don't actually work when all the lights are LEDs. The original method by which the flashers pulsed on and off was that the current going through them heated a bi-metal strip which then curled up and broke the circuit to the lamps. When it cooled off it uncurled and reconnected the circuit and started to heat up again. Thus the intermittent flashing of the turn signal lamps. Simple reliable old school automotive electro-mechanical engineering. All well and good except when we started to use LED's for the turn signal lamps. The problem is that the LED total current draw for ALL the lamps on a vehicle wasn't enough to heat the bi-metal strip and initiate the repeating flashing sequence.

I knew this was the problem and sought out and purchased a newly designed and advertised flasher designed for an all LED vehicle. This should be a simple matter of using a solid state timing circuit in the flasher instead of the current through bi-metal strip, Right? Well it was all Bullshit and I went through several brands and models of flashers claiming to work with all LED vehicles. None worked and they either remained solidly ON or OFF depending on the brand. Never did they flash on and off. It was obvious to me they were still using the old bi-metal design internally and just lying about them working with low current draw LEDs. Finally I gave up and retained a single incandescent lamp on each side so the stupid flasher would cycle and used LED's for the other positions. Buyer beware.

I will say this was several years ago and it's possible that the negative feedback from the consumers may have forced some to actually make a proper flasher with internal timers and not current dependent bi-metal flasher technology. I haven't re-visited this issue since everything is working as it should and having a single incandescent lamp really has no impact on my operations. It could even be said that it's not worth the trouble to go to LED since we don't use the vehicles anywhere near the amount they were when in service. And saving energy with an LED on a bus is not actually an issue.
Crown_Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2023, 10:26 PM   #7
Bus Nut

I did all LEDs on my Triumph Tr7, and with the LED flasher, it works as expected.

A new flasher showed up today will try tomorrow