Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-03-2020, 10:33 PM   #1
Bus Nut

Year: 2003
Engine: DT530
Rated Cap: 84
Please review my electric plan

Attached is my current electrical plan. It is not like any plan that I have seen so far.

My largest challenge was how to take advantage of 50 amp shore power when it's available without the expense of everything involved.

A few points:

- My generator is portable and will remain so as it is used for other purposes.

- The inverter has a built-in transfer switch but tops out at 30 amp 120vac.

The inverter will have a 30 amp cord attached to the AC transfer switch. That cord will have the option of being plugged into one of three options. While driving it will be fed by the generator that can be started if we need more power for the A/C or induction cook-top. Second, while parked with 30 amp shore power. The third option would be from a 50 amp shore via a 50 amp panel.

The plan is to have a small 50 amp panel that will be used as a big power strip. I already have all the parts for this setting around so there is no expense. When 50 amp is an option (like at home) this panel will be used. One lug will feed a 30 amp outlet for the inverter to plug into. The other lug will feed 3 15 amp outlets. The 3 high draw items (2 roof A/C's and cooktop) will connect to the main panel with short pigtail plugs. This will give me options like moving the draw from the main panel to the 50 amp panel. Also gives me the ability to power one A/C from shore power and the other from the generator.
Attached Thumbnails
AC-DC plan 1.jpg