Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-31-2021, 08:48 PM   #1

powering wheelchair lift question?

howdy! iíve got this here ricon brand wheelchair lift from a 2004 e450 starcraft shuttle bus, having some issues with the RV circuit board that starcraft and their aftermarket features are all wired up too, including the lift. my question is if it i can connect a battery directly to the motor where the existing power cable is hooked up too, with the intent of testing it with the included remote.

Click image for larger version

Name:	A811B4A6-6A85-4BF6-A594-3111C9E43C18.jpeg
Views:	6
Size:	470.2 KB
ID:	57996

gollum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2021, 11:38 PM   #2
Bus Geek

Year: 2007
Coachwork: Thomas Built
Chassis: Minotour
Engine: Chevy Express 3500 6.6l
What’s the vehicle? My bus was that way, but I had two batteries in parallel. Using a single battery for start and wheelchair might be a bit much, but would work for occasional use.
Danjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2021, 03:14 PM   #3
Skoolie

Year: 2007
Coachwork: Thomas Saf-T-Liner
Chassis: HDX with lift
Engine: Mercedes MBE 920
Rated Cap: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by gollum View Post
howdy! iíve got this here ricon brand wheelchair lift from a 2004 e450 starcraft shuttle bus, having some issues with the RV circuit board that starcraft and their aftermarket features are all wired up too, including the lift. my question is if it i can connect a battery directly to the motor where the existing power cable is hooked up too, with the intent of testing it with the included remote.

Attachment 57996
The lift will operate with just the hot wire connected and a ground to the frame. All that other stuff is interlocks and limiter switches. Not safe to use as a lift without them, but if you just want to test it to see if it works...that's all you need
DAVEHOLMAN is offline   Reply With Quote