Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-12-2012, 10:42 AM   #1
Bus Geek

preliminary electrical diagram,what do you think?

I am posting this so I can "see" it from a diferent light

Biggest goal is to keep the fridge going come hell or high water
The inverters will be plug and plug so if one goes bad it's as simple as unplug and plug into another one

No transfer switch since this is our bus and others will not be using it(we can plug and unplug as we see fit)

So going down the road the only inverter on will be for the fridge(the others can be turned on if needed)

when stopped if we choose we can unplug the inverters(to stop back feed and incase accidently turned on)) and plug in either shore or generator power
this will then allow all "inverter breakers" as well as ac and water heater to have power

My plan is to have all circuits grounded the way they where made if extension cords where used(mmm that doesn't make since )

Circuit breaker box will be isolated from vehicle ground and all outlets will also be isolated from vehicles shell and tied to the box so that all circiuts and box are "a unit")

the inverters will just tie in the same way inside the box

Will this work?

In theory(mine ) we should be able to test pole and generator at first to insure proper grounding and then we plug in and the shore takes over grounding...is that right

Remember this is just the start so any ideas or wisdom will be listened to

I know there is alot of redundicy built into it

bansil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 12:02 PM   #2
Bus Crazy

Re: preliminary electrical diagram,what do you think?

my thought fwiw
first i would fuse each individual 12v item so that all the others will work if you have a problem with one.
second i would fuse the main bus bar for 12v, and would even be better to have fuse on each battery lead if overkill is desired.
inverters are fused, and your 120v breaker box fuses all that voltage, so that is covered

i personally would spend the 70 bucks for an automatic transfer switch, since it makes it way easier not to fool with anything...mine works so good that the ac units keep running when switching back and forth.
Old 06-13-2012, 12:07 PM   #3
Bus Geek

Re: preliminary electrical diagram,what do you think?

actually "12 fuse" is the whole panel and yes it would be fused also...I was having fun with a new program
bansil is offline   Reply With Quote