Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-05-2017, 09:07 PM   #21
Bus Geek

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: DTA360 / MT643
Rated Cap: 7 Row Handicap
Quote:
Originally Posted by LincolnEcho View Post
Good thread!

I got an Asus tinker board with a raspberry pi lego touch screen stand and a pi compatible touchscreen. (I know it's tech speak)

This logic platform will serve as a DVR camera security system, weather station, fuel monitor, wet tanks monitor, front / side / back radar, radio, internet radio, GPS, engine monitor, and monitor anything else that I can throw a sensor on so you get the point.

just haven't gotten to the point that I can install it yet.
Nice setup! im building a PI touch screen as a 'glass' touch panel for my switches like heaters, A/C, etc.. along with a lot of temperatures too..

I like the idea of having "parking radar" what a great idea! cant wait to see the build thread on this setup!
-Christopher

cadillackid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 11:51 PM   #22
Mini-Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadillackid View Post
Nice setup! im building a PI touch screen as a 'glass' touch panel for my switches like heaters, A/C, etc.. along with a lot of temperatures too..

I like the idea of having "parking radar" what a great idea! cant wait to see the build thread on this setup!
-Christopher
Are you going to use a pi or tinker b? I was thinking two separate systems house controller (tinker b (more than twice as fast)) and chassis controller (pi3) I haven't even begun to think of the os and switch control board. build thread you say? OMG it's already been overwhelming with just tearing her down, it won't be for a bit but I'll see what I can do.
LincolnEcho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2017, 11:35 AM   #23
Bus Geek

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: DTA360 / MT643
Rated Cap: 7 Row Handicap
Quote:
Are you going to use a pi or tinker b? I was thinking two separate systems house controller (tinker b (more than twice as fast)) and chassis controller (pi3) I haven't even begun to think of the os and switch control board. build thread you say? OMG it's already been overwhelming with just tearing her down, it won't be for a bit but I'll see what I can do.
my plan is a pi3, I noticed tinker whe nI was in Micro center a couple weeks ago, and it looks interesting.. of course im an ASUS fan anyway..

I need to do some temperature testing on the pi3 to see if it can handle being located inside the dash.. the bus sits in the heat, and then drives.. in winter I run the H*** out of the heat s oi know theres heat blowing inside that panel with bluebirds bastardized way fo doing defrost on 1995 and newer models..
-Christopher
cadillackid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 11:48 AM   #24
Bus Crazy

Quote:
Good thread!

I got an Asus tinker board with a raspberry pi lego touch screen stand and a pi compatible touchscreen. (I know it's tech speak)

This logic platform will serve as a DVR camera security system, weather station, fuel monitor, wet tanks monitor, front / side / back radar, radio, internet radio, GPS, engine monitor, and monitor anything else that I can throw a sensor on so you get the point.

just haven't gotten to the point that I can install it yet.
Sounds great! Be sure to document and open-source your work so that I can steal it.
dan-fox is offline   Reply With Quote