Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-29-2020, 04:59 PM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 97
Coachwork: BlueBird
Engine: 5.9L Cummins 12 valve
Rear emerge exit buzzer removal

Hola friends

I want to remove this box from the rear exit door. Hoped it would be simple to just connect 2 wires together and remove the button that is depressed when the door lever pushes on it when fully closed. But wow! Look at all that crap inside!

Anybody done this ??

Tips?

I want the box to go away and the buzzer to never sound and not have any complications.

See pic

Thanks!

Lobo
Attached Thumbnails
D8438D26-B608-4CE5-AED2-52FE404BD061.jpg   4E07A3AD-C01A-4CD9-8526-C724E6799051.jpg  

Don Lobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2021, 11:08 PM   #2

Rear exit buzzer

Hi, I am trying to do same. I hope you found a way to shut that exit buzzer. would you please share your experience as a help. Thank you.
desi2p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2021, 07:01 PM   #3
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 2004
Coachwork: International
Chassis: 3000
Engine: T444E, Allison 2000
Rated Cap: 71 Passenger, 29000lb
It looks like you have a Bosch relay in there with a pressure switch and possibly a buzzer.
If this is the case then two of those wires are most likely positive and negative. The third is most likely a ground cable that cuts power if not grounded.
I'm suspecting the purple wire might be your grounding wire.
you can try looking at your emergency exit wires and see if the colors match. if they do then that would be the one to focus on. I would start by getting it grounded to metal and capping off the other two. Then testing to see if the bus still starts.
Before doing anything, test each of those three wires.
Test for voltage with ignition off and then again with the ignition set to ACC. Also test for continuity between the cables and the bus frame.
If you identify any of the cables as 12 volt positive, isolate it and cap it off to prevent you from causing a short circuit.
No matter how many convoluted cables are in that box the theory is simple. It only has two states. Open or closed. When it's closed one of two things is happening. Either you closed a circuit or you opened it. Once you identify what you are doing it will be easy to trick the bus into thinking that you are doing that all the time. If the buzzer is indeed inside of that box then your job is even simpler. Identify your positive and negative for the buzzer and isolate them. The cable you are left with will be your sensor. That's the one that will either have to be grounded or not grounded for the bus to run.
mrlupr is offline   Reply With Quote