Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-12-2022, 08:25 AM   #1

Remote Control Starting

If I can find a bus in the next year I will have to put it in storage until I can find a place to work on it/park it. I have the property - just not developed yet. Is there a remote control starter for a skoolie that can be connected to a cell phone? I am hoping to find a RE 1999 or earlier.

BBTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2022, 10:53 AM   #2
Bus Geek

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: DTA360 / MT643
Rated Cap: 7 Row Handicap
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBTom View Post
If I can find a bus in the next year I will have to put it in storage until I can find a place to work on it/park it. I have the property - just not developed yet. Is there a remote control starter for a skoolie that can be connected to a cell phone? I am hoping to find a RE 1999 or earlier.

Compustar Drone-Mobile has a diesel module available for it.. ive never installed one myself however one of my cars had a Drone mobile put in and it worked like a champ..

the biggest issue with remote starting a vehicle that sits a long time esp in cold weather in a storage unit is you cant check for animals sleeping under the bonnet before starting..

where i keep my busses esp if I have a block heater plugged in.. id say 1 out of 5 times when I go to use a bus, I bang on the side of the hood before getting in and off runs a cat or racoon that was sleeping somewhere in the engine.

while a small animal is no match for a spinning diesel engine, if said animal gets caught in the drive belt it can knock the belt off.. now you have an unattended vehicle running with no water circulation...
cadillackid is offline   Reply With Quote