Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-26-2021, 11:15 PM   #21
Bus Crazy

Year: 1996
Coachwork: AmTran (Now Navistar)
Engine: DT444E (7.3L) International
Rated Cap: 31,800 pounds
Quote:
Originally Posted by cadillackid View Post
there is still a dewpoint when its below freezing.. look up freezing fog.. its real and happens at temperatures below freezing wherew the humidity reaches 100% below freezing.

I've weather courses numerous times (military navigator, civilian pilot) and the only freezing fog or rain I'm familiar with is that which freezes to a below freezing object when it contacts that object (like the leading edge or a wing or prop.

Never saw fog at 30F or lower and I know at 0F there is no moisture in the air. At the negative 29 we played in the environment was drier than the sahara.

Just because I haven't seen it doesn't mean it can't exist but everything I've been taught tells me that very close to freezing it's possible to have transitioning moisture but 3 degrees would have to be pushing it. I could be wrong, but I'd need a scholarly journal, bonofide weather course or science manual.

We've done so much, for so long, with so little, we now do the impossible, overnight, with nothing. US Marines -- 6531, 3521. . . .Ret ASE brakes & elect. Ret (auto and aviation mech). Extra Class HAM, NAUI/PADI OpenWater diver
HamSkoolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2021, 12:22 PM   #22
Bus Crazy

Year: 1993
Chassis: ThomasBuilt 30'
Engine: need someone to tell me
Rated Cap: me + 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by HamSkoolie View Post
I've weather courses numerous times (military navigator, civilian pilot) and the only freezing fog or rain I'm familiar with is that which freezes to a below freezing object when it contacts that object (like the leading edge or a wing or prop.

Never saw fog at 30F or lower and I know at 0F there is no moisture in the air. At the negative 29 we played in the environment was drier than the sahara.

Just because I haven't seen it doesn't mean it can't exist but everything I've been taught tells me that very close to freezing it's possible to have transitioning moisture but 3 degrees would have to be pushing it. I could be wrong, but I'd need a scholarly journal, bonofide weather course or science manual.

Who knew? THe cadillackid of course.

I didn't have time to find a "scholarly journal, bonofide weather course or science manual." but I was curious so a quick search

https://duckduckgo.com/?t=ffsb&q=loo...ing+fog&ia=web
found this
https://wgntv.com/weather/weather-bl...-freezing-fog/

although I still wonder just how much moisture the air can hold at 29 degrees F or lower. Now where did I put that water psychometric chart? Found it, but only goes down to to 0 degrees C aka 32 degrees F. now what? gotta find another chart? later, no time now
kidharris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2021, 02:57 AM   #23
Bus Crazy

Year: 1996
Coachwork: AmTran (Now Navistar)
Engine: DT444E (7.3L) International
Rated Cap: 31,800 pounds
Interesting but yeah, how little water is in the air at that temp?

I've been in sub zero (in a tent in the woods) for two weeks and never saw fog. I don't even remember seeing fog from our breath except inside the tent where it was 27F. It got down to -29 on that trip with a wind chill of -60 at one point.
And to think I volunteered for that thinking it would be better than the desert. NEVER AGAIN
We've done so much, for so long, with so little, we now do the impossible, overnight, with nothing. US Marines -- 6531, 3521. . . .Ret ASE brakes & elect. Ret (auto and aviation mech). Extra Class HAM, NAUI/PADI OpenWater diver
HamSkoolie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
12v air condtioner, dual power ac, inverter air conditioner