Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-30-2019, 03:22 PM   #1
Bus Geek

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Genesis
Chassis: International
Engine: DT466/3060
Rated Cap: 77
Santan solar sale

I just got an email from Santan offering new 335w panels for $130. I don't see that panel deal on their website, but they have some other deals . Used 245W for $50, new 340W for $110, used 250W for $95.

https://www.santansolar.com/

Old 12-30-2019, 04:10 PM   #2
Bus Geek

Year: 1997
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: TC2000 FE
Engine: Cummins 5.9
Rated Cap: 72
There's a guy in Tampa selling the same 340 watt panels for $130, but after adding shipping costs ($300 for 9 panels shipped to my door from Santan) I'd save a bundle buying from him instead. it's worth checking your local craigslist ot see if someone near you is doing the same.
Old 12-30-2019, 05:00 PM   #3
Bus Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokedown View Post
There's a guy in Tampa selling the same 340 watt panels for $130, but after adding shipping costs ($300 for 9 panels shipped to my door from Santan) I'd save a bundle buying from him instead. it's worth checking your local craigslist to see if someone near you is doing the same.
Do you have a link to that, I couldn't find it. What I did find was a guy selling them for $150ea, and $135ea if you buy a large quantity of pallets (24 panel minimum). You're always going to find a better deal when they sell them in your backyard. But if not, you end up paying shipping and get a full warranty. The only downside to these panels is they are so large.
Where are you putting 9 panels, on a bus? 5 panels in a row is 20"+,82.5" wide side by side. These are large panels.
Old 12-30-2019, 06:28 PM   #4
Bus Geek

Year: 1997
Chassis: TC2000 FE
Engine: Cummins 5.9
Ha, looks like he's raised his price since I talked to him a few weeks ago. I guess I'll see if he'll give me the old price when I'm ready to buy. if not I'll figure something else out.

i was going to do 3S3P with the panels running their long side across the width of the bus. He gave me dimensions of 81x39 per panel., that's about 30 ft total down the length of the bus for panels. basically the entire roof minus the hatches on our 38 footer.
Old 12-30-2019, 06:46 PM   #5
Bus Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokedown View Post
Ha, looks like he's raised his price since I talked to him a few weeks ago. I guess I'll see if he'll give me the old price when I'm ready to buy. if not I'll figure something else out.

i was going to do 3S3P with the panels running their long side across the width of the bus. He gave me dimensions of 81x39 per panel., that's about 30 ft total down the length of the bus for panels. basically the entire roof minus the hatches on our 38 footer.
He came to his senses after I talked to him and told him his prices were higher than the dealer was selling them for. He quickly brought up your issue of shipping, that went out the window when I told him I was in Atl.
10 minutes later I get a text from him saying he will do 10 panels SHIPPED for $140 ea. to a terminal near you. $150 more for delivery from terminal to you. So I think you will still get a deal. His price is basically full retail, to not discount until 24 panels is ridiculous.
Old 12-30-2019, 07:04 PM   #6
Bus Geek

Year: 2002
Chassis: All American RE (A3RE)
Engine: Cummins ISC (8.3)
FWIW: I have purchased from Santan Solar and found them very easy to deal with and just nice folks.

When I set out on my next solar project they will likely be the first ones I call.
PNW_Steve is offline   Reply With Quote