Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-13-2010, 08:08 PM   #1
Bus Nut

Year: 89
Coachwork: thomas
Engine: 7.3 diesel
UNDER THE BUS BATTERY/GENY BOXES

I am in the process of building a box that takes the place of my existing battery box, and installing on that houses my onan I just bought and 4 batteries. Batteries will be in a seperate compartment. My question is, what in E1s opinion is the lowest clearance from bottom of box to ground? I have a 6 window shorty, not van type. I have the top of a old toolbox, that came off a diamond plate truck style, and want to make that the outside cover. It hangs down about 3 inches lower than it does now. Going to take the old battery box and move it to the back and make it a compartment to hold gas tank.

Old 12-14-2010, 07:55 AM   #2
Bus Nut

Year: 89
Coachwork: thomas
Engine: 7.3 diesel
Re: UNDER THE BUS BATTERY/GENY BOXES

not planning on doing any off roading, just going to use it at tailgating events, races, and maybe a prom or two, stuff like that.