Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-13-2020, 10:54 AM   #21
Bus Crazy

Year: 1996
Coachwork: Amtran
Chassis: International
Engine: DT466
Rated Cap: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmars View Post
Hi,
Thanks for the response. I would like info on how to do it and what it should be, not how to ride for 7 years and 250k mikes without the proper lighting.
Cool, Jim
What exactly is your question again? Don't remove any marker lights, keep the original lights where they are, and you should be good to go. IIRC, mine has 3 amber in front, 3 red in rear and 4 top-corner lights (2 front, 2 rear), 2 top-center side lights. Total of 12 lights.

Old 02-13-2020, 12:39 PM   #22
Bus Geek

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freighliner FS65
Engine: Cat 3126
Rated Cap: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmars View Post
Hi,
Thanks for the response. I would like info on how to do it and what it should be, not how to ride for 7 years and 250k mikes without the proper lighting.
Cool, Jim
Maybe try the folks on Facebook.
Cool
EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 12:42 PM   #23
Bus Geek

Year: 2003
Coachwork: International
Chassis: CE 300
Engine: DT466e
Rated Cap: 65C-43A
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastCoastCB View Post
Maybe try the folks on Facebook.
Cool
You just can't find good help any more.
Old 02-13-2020, 12:58 PM   #24

[QUOTE=Drew Bru;372853]What exactly is your question again? Don't remove any marker lights, keep the original lights where they are, and you should be good to go. IIRC, mine has 3 amber in front, 3 red in rear and 4 top-corner lights (2 front, 2 rear), 2 top-center side lights. Total of 12 lights.[/QUOTE

My question was in need of this answer: For my 2006 SAF-T-Liner, the side top marker lights are both for the side and the front and rear marker lights; making 10 lights do the work of 14. My believe that the wording on #2 of FMVSS "At widest point - symmetrical - on the front or near the front - facing forward" allows a side mounted forward facing marker.

Based on my reading of the dot rules, Your bus may not be in compliance with regulations if it is operating as other than a school bus. Best of luck.
Cool, Facebook Jim!
jimmars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 01:31 PM   #25
Bus Crazy

Year: 1996
Coachwork: Amtran
Chassis: International
Engine: DT466
Rated Cap: 65
[QUOTE=jimmars;372873]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew Bru View Post
What exactly is your question again? Don't remove any marker lights, keep the original lights where they are, and you should be good to go. IIRC, mine has 3 amber in front, 3 red in rear and 4 top-corner lights (2 front, 2 rear), 2 top-center side lights. Total of 12 lights.[/QUOTE

My question was in need of this answer: For my 2006 SAF-T-Liner, the side top marker lights are both for the side and the front and rear marker lights; making 10 lights do the work of 14. My believe that the wording on #2 of FMVSS "At widest point - symmetrical - on the front or near the front - facing forward" allows a side mounted forward facing marker.

Based on my reading of the dot rules, Your bus may not be in compliance with regulations if it is operating as other than a school bus. Best of luck.
Cool, Facebook Jim!

I dunno man, I'm keeping the factory settings and if DOT has some cool opinions on that, I'll do my best to comply with whatever they suggest. Hasn't been a problem yet though. Let us know if you find an answer to your question.