Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-05-2018, 07:36 AM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1997
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: TC2000
Engine: Cummins 5.9L 6BT
Rated Cap: 32 passenger
What’s missing here?

Can someone tell me what these wires belong to? My bus has been sitting in an unsecured lot for several months, and I’m afraid some things have been stolen out of it. I can’t remember if there was anything mounted here before, but here are some dangling wires. Click image for larger version

Name:	7162F9D3-CB6C-44C6-851A-8BEE3FAD8E5C.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	184.2 KB
ID:	21633

ApeWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 07:43 AM   #2
Bus Geek

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freighliner FS65
Engine: Cat 3126
Rated Cap: 15
Most likely from the video recording system.
EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 08:35 AM   #3
Mini-Skoolie

Ah. Thank you for your help. I don’t recall having a camera there in the first place, but that would certainly make sense as a thing thieves would target. There is a camera box with a two-way mirror mounted closer to the center of the dash, though. Could this be something else? Maybe related to the adjecent PA system? The battery in the bus is dead, so I can’t test anything right now.
Old 05-05-2018, 08:50 AM   #4
Bus Crazy

Year: 1996
Chassis: International
Engine: T444E 7.3L
My bus had a few things that were removed and wires just hanging. Nothing to worry about.
Johnny Mullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 10:18 AM   #5
Bus Nut

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: T/C 2000 28 foot Handy Bus
Engine: Cummins 5.9 Mechanical
Rated Cap: 2
did you get your motor swapped out?
Rivetboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 12:47 PM   #6
Mini-Skoolie

Hey! You remembered me and my motor swap! Sorry I didn’t update like I said I would. The project hit a snag: non-mechanically related. Human drama so explosive Jerry Springer would think it fiction. I did document our progress, and I’ll upload the play-by-play eventually, but the bus is on stand-by right now while we pick up the pieces of our personal lives.
We made quick work of pulling both motors and stripping the bus motor down to bare block. Then, with both vehicles incapacitated, a weird and scandalous love quadrangle erupted between myself, my boyfriend, our mechanic friend, and his female business partner. I suppose diesel can be intoxicating. One thing led to another, and I spent Christmas Eve cowering behind a 1958 Pontiac Star Chief in a dark corner of a garage, while a woman who looks like Rocky Balboa rampaged about smashing windows and threatening to kill me. I don’t have a boyfriend anymore, and my mechanic friend doesn’t have a business partner. Trucks and engine parts are strewn everywhere, and there’s no room to work in the garage.
My bus’ new name is “Nobody’s Girlfriend.” She’ll get her engine eventually, and it’ll be one hell of a blog post.
Old 05-05-2018, 02:18 PM   #7
Bus Nut

Year: 2004
Engine: T444e w/ 2000 Allison Trans
Rated Cap: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApeWriter View Post
Hey! You remembered me and my motor swap! Sorry I didn’t update like I said I would. The project hit a snag: non-mechanically related. Human drama so explosive Jerry Springer would think it fiction. I did document our progress, and I’ll upload the play-by-play eventually, but the bus is on stand-by right now while we pick up the pieces of our personal lives.
We made quick work of pulling both motors and stripping the bus motor down to bare block. Then, with both vehicles incapacitated, a weird and scandalous love quadrangle erupted between myself, my boyfriend, our mechanic friend, and his female business partner. I suppose diesel can be intoxicating. One thing led to another, and I spent Christmas Eve cowering behind a 1958 Pontiac Star Chief in a dark corner of a garage, while a woman who looks like Rocky Balboa rampaged about smashing windows and threatening to kill me. I don’t have a boyfriend anymore, and my mechanic friend doesn’t have a business partner. Trucks and engine parts are strewn everywhere, and there’s no room to work in the garage.
My bus’ new name is “Nobody’s Girlfriend.” She’ll get her engine eventually, and it’ll be one hell of a blog post.
I'm sorry I laughed at that post. but I like the new name of the bus. post progress pics and updates soon.

Follow our build on Instagram at https://www.instagram.com/skoolie_doo/
Rovobay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 05:48 PM   #8
Mini-Skoolie

Quote:
[emoji15][emoji90] ...wow...Click image for larger version

Name:	1525560475983.jpeg
Views:	5
Size:	19.8 KB
ID:	21646
Life And Stuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 06:06 PM   #9
Bus Crazy

Year: 2003
Chassis: HDX
Engine: Cat C7
Rated Cap: 84 passenger
Hey ApeWriter - I notice that you're in Philly. Can you run down to Darby and pick me up a cheese steak with onions at Falones? It's been AGES since I've had one of their sandwiches. Send it in a CARE package to Montana. And, if you've an inkling, add an Italion as well.
CaptSquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 07:35 PM   #10
Bus Crazy

Year: 1990
Coachwork: Crown, integral. (With 2kW of tiltable solar)
Chassis: Crown Supercoach II (rear engine)
Engine: Detroit 6V92TAC, DDEC 2, Jake brake, Allison HT740
Rated Cap: 37,400 lbs GVWR
Quote:
And I thought that my girlfriend ruefully naming my bus The Mistress (because, she said, I spend more time with her than with her . . .) was bad enough.
When you're in your dotage you'll be able to laugh about this recent pimple on the butt cheek of life. It could have been worse - you're still alive and still with a bus, albeit in pieces. Both you and it can eventually be put back together again, like Humpty Dumpty.

John
Iceni John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 12:22 AM   #11
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1987
Coachwork: International
Chassis: Blue Bird
Engine: Dt466
Rated Cap: 42
Our bus has a little 5in fan mounted there for the driver. But our bus is old and doesn’t have a/c.
evathedefiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 07:48 AM   #12
Bus Geek

Year: 1999
Chassis: Saf-T-Liner MVP ER
Engine: Cummins 6CTA8.3 Mechanical MD3060
Rated Cap: 46 Coach Seats, 40 foot
Quote:
Originally Posted by evathedefiler View Post
Our bus has a little 5in fan mounted there for the driver. But our bus is old and doesn’t have a/c.
Those fans are very useful for the driver, but they were put there to aid defrosting. Mine has three of them.

Build Thread
Twigg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 11:09 AM   #13
Bus Nut

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: T/C 2000 28 foot Handy Bus
Engine: Cummins 5.9 Mechanical
Rated Cap: 2
woah sorry to hear about the setback.
Hope you can find all the pieces!
Rivetboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2018, 09:48 PM   #14
Bus Nut

Engine: T444E
Rated Cap: 72
well....sheeeit that's a couple of posts right there.

Was gunna say something about getting a motor revving, but... in the words of Archer "Swear to god I had something for this..."

good to still have a bus and as other have said looks not important wires.

Handyman and Shenaniganizer
https://www.skoolie.net/forums/f11/97...ion-22324.html
Yukon Cornelius is offline   Reply With Quote