Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-22-2024, 09:30 AM   #1
Almost There

Year: 1992
Coachwork: Thomas (Thomas Vista)
Chassis: International 3600
Engine: DT360
Rated Cap: 60
Aqua-Hot?

I've learned almost immediately of the cost but I'm curious if anyone on here has personally used/seen/or even helped install one. Just curious about the system and I figured this would be the best way to get an honest answer. The one I was looking at was the 250D. For sure a cool system to say the very least.

Malevolence4845 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2024, 05:45 AM   #2
Mini-Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malevolence4845 View Post
I've learned almost immediately of the cost but I'm curious if anyone on here has personally used/seen/or even helped install one. Just curious about the system and I figured this would be the best way to get an honest answer. The one I was looking at was the 250D. For sure a cool system to say the very least.
I helped install one in a friend’s RV, and I was impressed by its performance and features. It is very quiet, efficient, and easy to operate. Installation was not too difficult, but it required some careful planning and following the instructions in the manual. You need to mount the unit securely, connect the plumbing and wiring, install the exhaust system, and purge the air from the system.
willyuphere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2024, 05:46 AM   #3
Mini-Skoolie

In case you need the manual check the pdf https://www.aquahot.com/files/instal...n%20manual.pdf
willyuphere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2024, 03:33 PM   #4
Almost There

Appreciate the PDF! I'll be giving that a read tonight, will also look up some YouTube installs just to see visually what's up, my bus is gutted so I'm trying to get my layout down so I can run my wires and prep for spray foam.
Old 01-24-2024, 04:25 PM   #5
Bus Crazy

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: AARE
Engine: 3116 Cat 250hp
Rated Cap: Just the two of us.
I have in floor heat using an Espar boiler, basically the same as Aquahot.
somewhereinusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2024, 04:52 PM   #6
Almost There

which model did you run with if i may ask? I'd like to surprise the lady with in floor heating.
Old 01-24-2024, 06:20 PM   #7
Bus Crazy

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: AARE
Engine: 3116 Cat 250hp
Rated Cap: Just the two of us.
I have a Hydronic 12, there are newer models. Best price and was from a place in Russia. Exact same heater made in Germany with a Russian manual. About half the price of the US distributers. When doing research many of the marine people seem to be using them.

https://heaters4you.com/37-water-heaters-hydronic
somewhereinusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2024, 09:11 PM   #8
Bus Nut

Year: 1995
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: T444E
Rated Cap: 29
Quote:
Appreciate the PDF! I'll be giving that a read tonight, will also look up some YouTube installs just to see visually what's up, my bus is gutted so I'm trying to get my layout down so I can run my wires and prep for spray foam.
A trick you can use if you want to spray foam before wiring things up is install an upper electrical conduit and a lower conduit on both sides of the bus, and then foam over it except for the exits of the conduit so you can feed wires later.

I've struggled with this order of doing things in my mind because I won't know half the electrical I want to install until cabinets, walls, bedroom is all in. The conduit idea is something.
nikitis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2024, 11:45 AM   #9
Almost There

My plan very well may change because "a plan never survives first contact" I was going to run the majority of the wiring and get it roughed out then leave plenty of excess for receptacles, but hell the conduit isn't a bad deal at all, many thanks!
Old 01-25-2024, 01:33 PM   #10
Bus Nut

Year: 1995
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: T444E
Rated Cap: 29
Quote:
My plan very well may change because "a plan never survives first contact" I was going to run the majority of the wiring and get it roughed out then leave plenty of excess for receptacles, but hell the conduit isn't a bad deal at all, many thanks!
Well I like to freehand my bus. I have only the roughest of plans. My plans go like this:

Bed in back, bathroom with full flushing toilet, kitchen, couch.

Now as to which side and how big, I won't know until I start building it out. It's not really much of a plan, but I usually design nice things when I free hand builds, it's a gift of mine, but the only downside is electrical. I can't put recepticals in until I know where I need one, and I won't know that till I frame it all out. But in framing it out, I've blocked the walls for spray foam, so a chicken and egg scenario. Which comes first? So Conduit it is for me.
nikitis is offline   Reply With Quote