Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-24-2019, 06:26 PM   #21
Bus Nut

Year: 1998
Coachwork: International
Chassis: Amtrans
Engine: 444E
Rated Cap: 84 pas
If you can get your barrel 36" diameter it will make a nice shower floor. Draw a 24" circle on the floor and stand in it. Or better yet make a 24" diameter loop with heavy wire or something similar. Hang a shower curtain on it and stand inside it. It will give you an idea of how you will fit. I did my whole bus open floor plan. I just used 2x4 stock to flesh in my shower floorpan. 4x4 feet. I sealed the floor with fiberglass bathroom panel. The I hang shower curtain around it. It is comfortable enough for a shower chair. I used magnet hooks to hang the curtains. When not showering they get stowed. It opens up the space. I am making a floor panel to set over it and hide the shower floor. Our toilet is across the way next to the king sized bed. No walls. We use painting tarps and magnets if We have guests and want privacy.

Most important is to do a mockup and see how it feels. Each of us feel differently about how much space we need.

Rock-N-Ruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2019, 08:34 PM   #22
Bus Nut

Year: 2001
Coachwork: Thomas
Engine: Cummins ISC 260HP/660Q/MD3060 6spd
Rated Cap: 81
If your plumbing is going under the floor you have to check it can make it to a grey tank (if installed). Took me hours of planning and replant g and then planning again to get my bathroom right.

I ended up with a 2x4 showerpan with an extra 6” of raised up area where my heat/ electrical/plumbing runs are. So 4x2.5 or so. Spacey enough for me.
Bon Voyage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2019, 09:40 PM   #23
Almost There

Year: 2000
Coachwork: Raised Roof compliments of Transcend Existance Bus
Engine: 7.6LNavistarDT466eDiesel Trans:AllisonMD3060Auto
Rated Cap: GVWR 32,000 LBS
I really liked this bathroom layout
https://youtu.be/8Qx8rmWSixo
Michael_Grumbach is offline   Reply With Quote